ELUVEITIE TYR METSATÖLL N.A. Tour 2014

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Although announced quite awhile ago, this tour is coming up soon. I didn't see any thread about it via search, so I apologize if there is already one up and running...

ELUVEITIE ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN FALL TOUR

Swiss folk-metal pioneers Eluveitie will return to North America for a headlining tour this fall. The band will be touring in support of their follow-up to Helvetios (2012), with the release of their new album, Origins, this August. "In September, 2013, our massive Helvetios world tour came to a well-deserved end. After just over 200 shows, spread over three continents and including over 30 countries, it was time begin work on a new album,” comments drummer Merlin Sutter. “Now that we’re finally holding Origins in our hands, we can’t wait to share it with you - and what better way to do so than with a tour! We are extremely excited to kick off our new tour in North America this time, and you can expect us to make every single night one to remember. We’ll bring along some of the most exciting new Eluveitie music yet, as well as a hand-picked line-up featuring our friends from the Faroe Islands, the magnificent Tyr, and the excellent Metsatöll from Estonia. See you this fall!"

p18o303n7saf18kd1si5rr8jli4.jpg

Sep 19 Baltimore Soundstage Baltimore, MD
Sep 20 Chop Shop Charlotte, NC
Sep 21 Masquerade Atlanta, GA
Sep 22 The Orpheum Tampa, FL
Sep 23 CULTURE ROOM Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sep 25 Warehouse Live Houston, TX
Sep 26 Backstage Live San Antonio, TX
Sep 27 Granada Theater Dallas, TX
Sep 29 Club Red Mesa, AZ
Oct 01 Riverside Municipal Auditorium Riverside, CA
Oct 02 House of Blues Los Angeles, CA
Oct 03 Ramona Mainstage San Diego, CA
Oct 04 Assembly Music Hall Sacramento, CA
Oct 05 Oakland Metro Opera House Oakland, CA
Oct 06 Hawthorne Theater Portland, OR
Oct 07 El Corazon Seattle, WA
Oct 08 Rickshaw Vancouver, Canada
Oct 10 Union Hall Edmonton, Canada
Oct 11 McEwan Ballroom Calgary, Canada
Oct 13 The Garrick Winnipeg, Canada
Oct 14 Mill City Nights Minneapolis, MN
Oct 15 House of Blues Chicago, IL
Oct 16 St. Andrews Detroit, MI
Oct 17 Phoenix Theater Toronto, Canada
Oct 18 Corona Theatre Montreal, Canada
Oct 19 Imperial Quebec City, Canada
Oct 21 Royale Boston, MA
Oct 22 Irving Plaza New York, NY

I can't imagine anyone is "excited" about the ten-thousandth tour of these bands (the first two specifically). That said, having successfully not attended any one of those myriad past tours, I will probably wander into this one. I am still a big fan of Tyr's music.

Looks fun, but probably isn't worth the trip to Baltimore for me.

Exactly! If there was an Empire date, I'd go, but not worth the two-hour plus drive up into Baltimore for me. Also the Baltimore date is the same night as the Sound of Thunder CD release party, which I do plan on going to.

Exactly! If there was an Empire date, I'd go, but not worth the two-hour plus drive up into Baltimore for me. Also the Baltimore date is the same night as the Sound of Thunder CD release party, which I do plan on going to.

Empire posted on FB yesterday about what shows we wanted to see. I told them I want to see all the bands that have been skipping VA in favor of Baltimore.

Come on, there have to be at least a couple of fans who'd wear denim vests and leather kilts.

Oh, I am sure there are some.....

Just think that such a select few would be interested in Hellion to begin with, and given how rare it is to see them live, I don't think that group would be conflicted about a competing show of bands who come frequently of a different genre....