North American tour fall 2009

yeah I do remember a couple of cars driving past us and yelling out some stuff.
Michael said he couldn't go due to school stuff, but I agree, that's not a valid excuse to miss Bodom. Especially such an epic night talking to one of your guitar heroes.
Dude, I missed ADM tho. I was too busy getting drunk at the bar next door :lol: But my sis said it was awesome. they handed out those party poppers and cookies.
I honestly didn't dig Holy Grail that much tho. the guitarist in front of you was definitely a great performer with a shit load of energy. But that Skwisgaar looking one in front of me just stared at his guitar the whole time. Like not once did he lift his head and make eye contact with the audience, kinda lame. But at least his playing was good. Music-wise tho, they didn't do much for me. I'm not a fan of power metal vocals either. And lol at that guy kissing his own bicep, he was definitely the show off of the night.
How did you approach Kal btw? Did you just say you knew him from the forum?

No skeleton witch? Well that group was cool especially with the two symetric guitars.

yeah I do remember a couple of cars driving past us and yelling out some stuff.
Michael said he couldn't go due to school stuff, but I agree, that's not a valid excuse to miss Bodom. Especially such an epic night talking to one of your guitar heroes.
Dude, I missed ADM tho. I was too busy getting drunk at the bar next door :lol: But my sis said it was awesome. they handed out those party poppers and cookies.
I honestly didn't dig Holy Grail that much tho. the guitarist in front of you was definitely a great performer with a shit load of energy. But that Skwisgaar looking one in front of me just stared at his guitar the whole time. Like not once did he lift his head and make eye contact with the audience, kinda lame. But at least his playing was good. Music-wise tho, they didn't do much for me. I'm not a fan of power metal vocals either. And lol at that guy kissing his own bicep, he was definitely the show off of the night.
How did you approach Kal btw? Did you just say you knew him from the forum?

Yeah, it's usually kind of hard to actually talk to them, though, 'cause everyone is so busy asking them for pictures and stuff. I've never had anything signed or a picture taken, I'd always just like to have a conversation with them. I asked Henkka what he thought of Obama winning the peace prize, haha.
That bar looked expensive so we never went in there! But it looked like a cool place. ADM is comparable to Gwar, my opinion. Just not as messy. You should check them out if you get a chance to see them again. You're right about the guitar players from Holy Grail, though. The bass player was pretty much the same. He just stood in one spot. Another plus on the blonde guy is he had a stegasaurous tattood on his arm, haha.
Kal? Yeah, pretty much. When we first showed up on sunday, we were walking over to the venue and he was walking back to the bus like ten feet in front of us. So I yelled at him just to say hi real quick, 'cause he looked kinda busy- and I said I read his blog sometimes, and that's how I know his name. 'Cause even though I know he's part of the crew because I've seen him at other shows, I never met him before. And I do like talking to the crew, too, I've met Chitty, Neubi, and... I forget the drum tech's name. And then after the show, I probably would have asked him anyway 'cause he was just standing outside the bus and I was curious about that lamp, so I would have met him then regardless. =P

"Turbulent nice last night. For some at least. Roope is all bruised..."
http://twitter.com/blooddrunk
does somebody know what happened?! hope roope is doing ok

Probably their flight to Hawaii? Probably nothing serious. I've heard of people getting knocked around pretty good on an airplane, from the turbulance, but how messed up could you really get?

No skeleton witch? Well that group was cool especially with the two symetric guitars.

They played the first night, but not the second. I heard about them like a month before they announced they were going on tour with bodom, but I never checked them out. And then I just figured I'd listen to them when they played on this tour- but I missed them. I've heard nothing but good things, though.

I love how every US tour brings a huge influx of 12 year old newfags.

I actually don't remember seeing too many kids. At least not on Sunday. And all the kids on Saturday seemed to be more interested in Black Dahlia.. /shrugs
I don't care. Some little kids aren't going to affect my listening experience.

Yeah, it's usually kind of hard to actually talk to them, though, 'cause everyone is so busy asking them for pictures and stuff. I've never had anything signed or a picture taken, I'd always just like to have a conversation with them. I asked Henkka what he thought of Obama winning the peace prize, haha.
That bar looked expensive so we never went in there! But it looked like a cool place. ADM is comparable to Gwar, my opinion. Just not as messy. You should check them out if you get a chance to see them again. You're right about the guitar players from Holy Grail, though. The bass player was pretty much the same. He just stood in one spot. Another plus on the blonde guy is he had a stegasaurous tattood on his arm, haha.
Kal? Yeah, pretty much. When we first showed up on sunday, we were walking over to the venue and he was walking back to the bus like ten feet in front of us. So I yelled at him just to say hi real quick, 'cause he looked kinda busy- and I said I read his blog sometimes, and that's how I know his name. 'Cause even though I know he's part of the crew because I've seen him at other shows, I never met him before. And I do like talking to the crew, too, I've met Chitty, Neubi, and... I forget the drum tech's name. And then after the show, I probably would have asked him anyway 'cause he was just standing outside the bus and I was curious about that lamp, so I would have met him then regardless. =P

Lol yeah, I saw that dinosaur tattoo on his arm, and I didn't really get it. I'm glad Kal was a cool guy to talk to. My friend Christina (she's the one that gave Bodom that bottle of jack and then Alexi dedicated Bloodrunk to her on stage) actually met up with Chitty later on after the show. I was supposed to go with her to see if I could get on the tour bus, cuz he liked her and had invited her for a drink inside, but then when I saw Roope, I was way too happy and just started hanging out with him outside. Besides, I've met Alexi and Janne before, and they didn't really seem humble enough to actually have real conversations with the fans. Anyway, we'll definitely meet up for the next show!

I thought it was Chiddy too....but Christina said it was Chitty and she always meets up with him when they're here...so I just stick to that.

Cool, time for Alexi to finally experience Allentown.

*all sarcasm intended <3

although the Croc Rock pizza place is awesome.

That is totally rad! I would definitely agree that Roope is the coolest one of the whole crew. Sucks that there won't be new sinergy =(

Alexi touring with Hypocrisy is awesome news too! I like some of Hypocrisy's work. Too bad I miss all the good shows in northern california.

That is totally rad! I would definitely agree that Roope is the coolest one of the whole crew. Sucks that there won't be new sinergy =(

Alexi touring with Hypocrisy is awesome news too! I like some of Hypocrisy's work. Too bad I miss all the good shows in northern california.

It looks like they'll be in San Francisco, if that's close to you at all.

i'm pretty happy that alexi will be on that tour. i originally planned to buy a ticket for that tour to see ensiferum, hypocrisy and blackguard, but alexi playing for hypocrisy makes it even better.

Lol yeah, I saw that dinosaur tattoo on his arm, and I didn't really get it. I'm glad Kal was a cool guy to talk to. My friend Christina (she's the one that gave Bodom that bottle of jack and then Alexi dedicated Bloodrunk to her on stage) actually met up with Chitty later on after the show. I was supposed to go with her to see if I could get on the tour bus, cuz he liked her and had invited her for a drink inside, but then when I saw Roope, I was way too happy and just started hanging out with him outside. Besides, I've met Alexi and Janne before, and they didn't really seem humble enough to actually have real conversations with the fans. Anyway, we'll definitely meet up for the next show!

Oh, I wonder if you know Chelsea and Francis from that band Rattlehead then? They said they know that girl Christina. They invited me and my friend to go hang out with them after the show and they mentioned that they thought they saw her with Chiddy. When I met Chiddy, he didn't seem like a very nice guy, to me. But I only met him once, so maybe he was just in a shitty mood or something. And I always assumed it was "Chitty" 'cause when I met those three guys they told me, "His name's Chitty, like Chitty-Chitty, Bang-Bang." Haha.
I can understand it if they have an attitude, though. All of their fans have a weird attitude directed toward them, when you think about it- so why wouldn't they have a weird attitude directed toward their fans?
Hehe, I especially like Roope's new "Nixon Now" button. XD

That's pretty cool about Alexi playing for Hypocrisy. I've never listened to them before, but I'd like to go to that show just to see Ensiferum.