Amon Amarth Tour!

ihave27frets

Oct 5, 2004
Swedish Viking metallers AMON AMARTH will embark on a North American headlining tour in October. Support on the trek will come from the Tampa melodic trash outfit THE ABSENCE.

The tentative routing for the tour is as follows:

Oct. 01 - Anaheim, CA
Oct. 02 - Los Angeles, CA
Oct. 03 - San Francisco, CA
Oct. 04 - Portland, OR
Oct. 05 - Seattle, WA
Oct. 06 - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 08 - Edmonton, AB
Oct. 09 - Calgary, AB
Oct. 10 - Regina, SK
Oct. 11 - Winnipeg, MB
Oct. 12 - Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 13 - Chicago, IL
Oct. 15 - Toronto, ON
Oct. 16 - Montreal, QC
Oct. 17 - Quebec City, QC
Oct. 18 - Worcester, MA
Oct. 19 - Philadelphia, PA
Oct. 20 - New York, NY
Oct. 21 - W. Springfield, MA

what!!!!!! you aren't playing your hometown? you guys definitaly need to play at Jannus Landing or the State Theatre. I would fucking kill to see you guys.

Swedish Viking metallers AMON AMARTH will embark on a North American headlining tour in October. Support on the trek will come from the Tampa melodic trash outfit THE ABSENCE.

Oct. 01 - Anaheim, CA
Oct. 04 - Portland, OR
Oct. 05 - Seattle, WA
Oct. 06 - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 08 - Edmonton, AB
Oct. 09 - Calgary, AB
Oct. 10 - Regina, SK
Oct. 11 - Winnipeg, MB
Oct. 13 - Chicago, IL
Oct. 15 - Toronto, ON
Oct. 16 - Montreal, QC
Oct. 18 - Worcester, MA
Oct. 20 - New York, NY

haha, LA is as far south as Amon Amarth will play. You know, it gets hard to play when your hands get sweaty south of the North Pole!

jk

Sucks the tour doesn't come that far south. But it's still awesome.

Will they call it the GREAT ODIN'S BEARD TOUR? lol

That's a lot of beard on one tour!:worship:

This could be the sickest fucking show EVER. My god. Anyone gonna be down at the Seattle show?

I think AA and TA might even top the Into Eternity, The Haunted, Scar Symmetry, Dark Tranquillity show last year, just cause The Absence and Amon Amarth are fucking demon bands.

Oct. 01 - Anaheim, CA
Oct. 04 - Portland, OR
Oct. 05 - Seattle, WA
Oct. 06 - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 08 - Edmonton, AB
Oct. 09 - Calgary, AB
Oct. 10 - Regina, SK
Oct. 11 - Winnipeg, MB
Oct. 13 - Chicago, IL
Oct. 15 - Toronto, ON
Oct. 16 - Montreal, QC
Oct. 18 - Worcester, MA
Oct. 20 - New York, NY

So it's the Swedish Viking Metallers meeting up with the Floridian Viking Metallers. It would be awesome if they could sail their viking ship to all the shows, but some of them are way too far from any natural navigable body of water haha.

Going all the way up to "Canadia" haha i mean Canada. Wow.:kickass::kickass::Smokin:

What is the setlist for this tour?

Also, the October 21 show is not West Springfield MA, its w Springfield Virginia. Thats the one im going to.

Sorry guys, I'm not familiar enough with their music to give you a set list...yet. I saw them in Vancouver last night. Wow, this band is amazing live. They've got themselves at least one new fan out of that show. Any band that can get me headbanging like that to songs I've never heard before can pound. It's too bad they were first up and their set was so short. I could easily have done with a double dose of The Absence and skipped Belphegor.

A couple song titles I did catch were Riders on the Plague, From Your Grave,The Victorious Dead and Into the Pit. I've got to say, I saw Testament in August, and these guys play In the Pit better than the originators. For an opening band to get a massive circle pit going like they did last night a few songs into their set speaks volumes about the way they can work a crowd.

Just thought I'd drop by and say thanks Peter for greeting fans at the Vancouver show! I got to meet you at the back and get my picture with you. No, I was not on any substances:p, I was just humbled. Great show, IMO you guys and Belphegor should swap spots... Killer show.

edit: Make sure you tell Ensi and Amon as well of hails from Canadaland.

Fucking ace show guys. It was awesome meeting you guys, Jaime and Peter. Here are the pics we took.

Also, lol at jaime, i didnt know you stuck your head in there!

CIMG4023.jpg

CIMG4022.jpg