ICED EARTH: Dystopia Chart Positions...Plus First Music Video!

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Mornin' All!

Here's a bit of news regarding Dystopia, including the world premiere of the first music video from Iced Earth's new album.

Enjoy!

Bill

ICED EARTH ANNOUNCE FIRST-WEEK CHART POSITIONS, FIRST MUSIC VIDEO FROM NEW ALBUM: “DYSTOPIA”

GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN (USA) – Iced Earth are proud to announce the first-week chart positions for Dystopia – their highly acclaimed new album – which includes the band’s highest-ever debut on the U.S. Billboard Top 200 chart:

United States – 67
Germany - 23
Austria - 51
Switzerland - 53
UK (Rock Chart) - 18
Holland - 85
Belgium - 96

“I’m pleased with how well Dystopia has been received by fans and critics alike,” said Iced Earth leader Jon Schaffer. “We knew it was a special album while we were making it. But it’s always gratifying to know that others also appreciate the time and effort we put into it. We owe our fans a big Thank You for helping the album chart so highly around the world.”

To celebrate Dystopia’s runaway success, the band chose today to debut the first music video from the album. “Dystopia,” the title track, can be viewed here:

http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?affiliate=EVE&doc=campaign&campaign=iced-earth

The release of Dystopia will be followed by the most extensive world tour Iced Earth has ever undertaken.

The European leg of the 2011-2012 World Dystopia Tour has been posted on Iced Earth’s official web site, as well as on all of its official social-media sites. The tour begins October 30th in Bochum, Germany, in just two days.

A concert in Cyprus – a first for Iced Earth – was just announced. The date is December 15th, 2011. See the Iced Earth web site Tour page for the complete list of European dates.

Fury UK and White Wizzard join Iced Earth on all European tour dates, except for Russia, Turkey, and Cyprus.

VIP ticket packages are available NOW from the Official Iced Earth web site, but are very limited and available on a first-come/first-served basis.

Awesome Video! Awesome Song! The entire album is great, Jon Schaffer really has outdone himself this time. Stu is a lot better than I ever imagined he would be and he has really brought Iced Earth into a new era, The Era of STUCIFER!!!

I really like the song, I think Stu is doing a great job in the album as well. The video is a typical metal video, which I don't have a problem with. What is bothering me is the fact that the video/audio is slightly out of sync. Did anyone notice that?

Other than that, good stuff. Looking forward to seeing them live with Stu doing both new and old material! \m/

Really enjoying the new Iced Earth - wasn't sure I'd like Stu in the band - but I'm really digging his vocals. Seems like a little Barlow and Ripper with his own style mixed all together.

I was impressed with the samples during PP, this release blew away my expectations. I've been a casual fan, this ones in my top 20 for the year.