New ICED EARTH Music Video: "Anthem"

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Hey Guys,

Iced Earth's music video for “Anthem” – shot in Cologne, Germany during the European leg of Iced Earth’s world tour – makes its global premiere today on Revolvermag.com.

“We had a blast making that video,” said Iced Earth main man Jon Schaffer. “I think the fans can see it on our faces. ‘Anthem’ captures the energy of our live shows, as well as the fun we’re having together as a band.”

Produced and directed by Kosch Fabian Film, “Anthem” is the second music video released from Iced Earth’s highly acclaimed 10th studio album Dystopia.

Released October 2011 via Century Media Records, Dystopia debuted at #67 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and has since received rave reviews from fans and critics alike. Revolver named Dystopia one of the 20 Best Albums of 2011 and declared, “Twenty years after releasing their self-titled debut, this Florida fivesome has never sounded better.”

Dystopia is supported by the most extensive and far-reaching world tour in Iced Earth history. The North American co-headline tour with Symphony X begins January 31 in Hartford, Connecticut, and concludes March 11 in Clifton Park, New York. At that point, Iced Earth plays five more dates without Symphony X. (All concert dates listed on the Iced Earth web site Tour page.)

Ill be at the orlando show. My buddy just got the job as the new guitarist in Warbringer... Should be pretty sick!

Say what?!?! Who left? What happened?

I dont know. It may just be for this specific tour... not to sure... I just know my buddy Andrew Bennett has been friends with those guys since they were kids and they asked him to go with them on this run and shred. Look for an ENGL Invader head and that's him... Looks like a metal hipster haha

there probably will be an announcement at some point. I don't know what is taking them so long.

you can read all about it here: http://mastersofmetal.us/index.php can't miss the thread.

I just saw Warbringer is going out with Destruction, holy moly!
Wow, just checked out Destruction's site...I'm not a big fan of Warbringer or Pathology (aka death metal's Blackguard), but that's a pretty good tour package. Hopefully it brings out some Warbringer fans who might not be entirely familiar with Destruction.

Somewhat more back on topic to IE - I recall someone mentioning it when the tour was first announced, but does anyone know for sure if SymX and IE are rotating headliner slots for the tour? And if so, will they be playing the same length set each night, just in a diff order? Or will a couple songs be getting cut on nights where the given band isn't headlining? Trying to figure out if it's worth hitting multiple dates on the tour.

Wow, just checked out Destruction's site...I'm not a big fan of Warbringer or Pathology (aka death metal's Blackguard), but that's a pretty good tour package. Hopefully it brings out some Warbringer fans who might not be entirely familiar with Destruction.

Somewhat more back on topic to IE - I recall someone mentioning it when the tour was first announced, but does anyone know for sure if SymX and IE are rotating headliner slots for the tour? And if so, will they be playing the same length set each night, just in a diff order? Or will a couple songs be getting cut on nights where the given band isn't headlining? Trying to figure out if it's worth hitting multiple dates on the tour.

If its any consolation, Andy just told me SX is headlining the FL date. Doesn't really make sense to me but who knows. That's like IE's second home state.

Agreed... for me it seems kind of weird for Iced Earth to be playing before Symphony X... shit, I remember going to a crappy bar in new jersey years ago to see the first live show Symphony X ever played. I suppose they have roughly equivalent popularity in north america at this point though. Still, having seen both bands live multiple times, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the hell out of it regardless of playing order.

I must be in the minority....I really liked Glorious Burden....but Framing, the second one with Ripper....that was just horrible. After that I wasn't even sure I wanted to give them another chance, but Stu has totally turned me around. The new album is solid. Still, just on a personal level it's cool that I'll get to see SX headline twice this year, since I've never been able to see them before.

I must be in the minority....I really liked Glorious Burden....but Framing, the second one with Ripper....that was just horrible. After that I wasn't even sure I wanted to give them another chance, but Stu has totally turned me around. The new album is solid. Still, just on a personal level it's cool that I'll get to see SX headline twice this year, since I've never been able to see them before.

well for that then, you SHOULD be happy! lol

they are a fantastic band and Russel Allen impregnates every woman within a 40 foot radius of where hes standing when he's singing.

Michael Romeo is also just almost, sarcastically good live. you would never be able to tell if he screwed up because he can just cover stuff like that up and it probably turn out even more ridiculous.

Ya, I guess it does. Probably my underlying 'hometown' fanboy hopes clogging the view of numbers. Either way I fully expect this tour to be packed. They are playing some huge places