Iced Earth New E.P.

Has their new CD even come out yet?

If so, I haven't seen it anywhere around.

I have read some early reviews on it, and from what I read anyways, said that the new CD was bland and mediocre at best. That "Something Wicked" part 1 was a lot better.

The early reviews that I read also said that the band went back and re-did the entire "Something Wicked Trilogy" songs in their new style with Ripper Owens singing it this time.

Other than that, I really have not heard much about it at all.

I have it, and I have to say it's pretty typical Iced Earth. Nothing really special, but it's Iced Earth so it's grand! Would definately sound better live, like most of their stuff.

The actual album isn't out yet, but it's supposed to be a continuation of the "Something Wicked" storyline.

As for the Ep, the first track, and hightlight imo, is Then Thousand Strong with The Ripper on vocals.

I've got it, it's not bad, the new song sounds like stuff on The Glorious Burden. As for the Something Wicked remake, I like the original w/ Matt Barlow on vocals much better. I'm not too crazy about the guitar sound on the new CD either, it's way too quiet. Jon Schaffer palm mutes so much to the point where you can barely hear the melody he's playing, almost sounds like a one note triplet metalcore riff throughout every song. But I'm still looking forward to the new album, as well as Matt Barlow's new band which I think is called Pyramaze or something.

I've got it, it's not bad, the new song sounds like stuff on The Glorious Burden. As for the Something Wicked remake, I like the original w/ Matt Barlow on vocals much better. I'm not too crazy about the guitar sound on the new CD either, it's way too quiet. Jon Schaffer palm mutes so much to the point where you can barely hear the melody he's playing, almost sounds like a one note triplet metalcore riff throughout every song. But I'm still looking forward to the new album, as well as Matt Barlow's new band which I think is called Pyramaze or something.
Yeah the originals are better musically, but I like Rippers Vocals alittle better than matt on the new ones.