Iced Earth to headline what do u think?

Well I'M definitely in favour... but a lot of people strongly dislike Iced Earth. I'm not sure why, I suppose probably because they wear their Iron Maiden influences on their sleaves rather than trying to strike out on their own (although in my opinion they've developed a quite different style from Iron Maiden in their last three albums).

Still, I'D fully support any attempt to get them headlining Bloodstock 04 and I'm sure a LOT of other people would as well.

PopcornDave said:
Iced Earth on the Friday and Gamma Ray on the Saturday would be a good mix of styles.

Good sugestions there, I'd also like to see Running Wild as second on the bill for saturday, another slightly different style.

Jonoleth said:
iced earth would be my dream headline act, they would blow our minds with their metallic powers...

I'd love to see Iced Earth. Already suggested it. BTW did you have a bit crack with the new Iced Earth guitarist last weekend? I did, he was there!
Iced Earth, Moonspell, Cathedral, My Dying Bride. And for oldies Budgie and Uriah Heep!

How about Skyclad, they were 1st class in Bloodstock 01 + they're good old british metal. Their unique folk-metal style works very well live.
There are loads of other great bands like Kreator, Helloween, Candlemass, Napalm Death.
Does anyone think Bruce Dickinson would do a solo set?

I would like Iced Earth to headline the whole festival.

Iced Earth are one of my favourite bands.

I do feel optimistic that they would play, they hardly ever play Britain and only in London, with Ripper Owens singing there is a British connection.

They are also on a world tour next year.

I just hope the Bloodstock people can work it out

Kreator headline Friday perhaps, or Opeth.

I've just bought the Iced Earth Dark Genisis
(it arrived this morning in the post), I'd never heared them before, I was aware of them and seen you lot out there wearing there shirts, all I can say is WOW!, i'm totally blown away. They would be a brilliant act for Bloodstock. Fingers crossed for next year.

Does anyone else have this Dark Genesis album. I've found a fuck up on mine. The Cd with enter the Realm on has the night of the stormrider album on it and vise-versa. Is anyone elses the same or have I been suckered!.

The G man said:
Does anyone else have this Dark Genesis album. I've found a fuck up on mine. The Cd with enter the Realm on has the night of the stormrider album on it and vise-versa. Is anyone elses the same or have I been suckered!.

Yep. I bought my girlfriend Dark Genesis a year or so back and she had the same problem. I think she contacted Century Media and they resloved the problem for her. However Iced Earth are now on SPV so I don't know where Century Media stand.

I too think Iced Earth would be good but they're not very reliable. However if Iced Earth headlined the Saturday maybe Demons and Wizards could headline the friday.

Eagle said:
Yep. I bought my girlfriend Dark Genesis a year or so back and she had the same problem. I think she contacted Century Media and they resloved the problem for her. However Iced Earth are now on SPV so I don't know where Century Media stand.

Yep...I contacted Century Media and if you send the problem CDs to them they will send you replacements! Have to say though I have never gotten round to doing it!! Now I'm going to get told off!! :p

Iced Earth have a large following, so would definitely sell the tickets!!!

I was well impressed when i saw them live, but the set length was a bit ambitious!!!
Ripper is english connection and, even though the guy seemed a little arrogant and superior when i saw him with priest, have to admit the mp3 samples from the new album 'Glorious Burden' are very good.....
Would be good to see them headline....if they could 'connect with the crowd' more like bands did in 03.