Iced Earth's Current Tour

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
What's up with the current Iced Earth tour? I find it somewhat strange that on the first leg of their U.S. tour they took Evergrey and Children of Bodom, and on this second leg their only taking one band (Beyond the Embrace) who is significantly smaller, in terms of popularity, to both of the bands they had last time. Did Jon decide Iced Earth didn't really need anyone else to sell out these venues, and therefore he could grab a bigger piece of the pie?

Zod

There are two bands on the tour, Trivium and Beyond the Embrace, and FYI, Jon Schaffer has little-to-no say in who tours with them. That's up to the labels and PR agencies (and promoters to a degree).

Hmmm, they're not bad in a very generic "hardcore-meets-Swedish death-meets Iron Maiden" type of way. You know, the sounds of the moment. :)

I know Trivium is slated for the entire tour; whether or not they're missing the Starland show for whatever reason I have no clue. I'm already annoyed as I'M missing the Starland show due to business travel. Grumble, grumble.

JayKeeley said:
I don't even have The Glorious Burden yet. :loco:
I'm sure I'm in the vast majority (well, on this board anyway), but I pronounced it my #1 CD of 2004 after my 3rd listen to it. The last 6 months have done nothing to diminish its standing. Nothing written this year will top the passion, intensity or brilliance of the "Gettysburg" trilogy. Had this CD been sung by Barlow, it would have been in my Top 5 CDs of all-time.

Zod

So it's better than Horror Show then? :loco:

Yeah, I'm not sure to be honest only because I never listen to IE anymore. At most I might pull out Alive in Athens once in a while. I probably listen to Demons & Wizards more than I do Iced Earth.

Still, I heard snippets in Markgug's car a while back and it sounded super duper!

The songs are better than those on "Horror Show". Though I did think there a handfull of killer tracks on "Horrow Show"; "Wolf", "Damien", "Dracula" and "Phantom of the Opera Ghost".

I never much cared for Demons and Wizrds. Though I will be interested to hear their next disc.

Zod

markgugs said:
Finally!

I'm not the only one who thought so.
What are you talking about?!

Markgugs review of D&W said:
So why not 10 out of 10? Simple. Because the album just didn't hook me the way BLIND GUARDIAN’S "Somewhere Far Beyond" or IRON MAIDEN’S "Number of the Beast" or HELLOWEEN’S "Keepers I & II." It's a remarkable metal album for the year 2001, make no mistake about it.

8.5/10

8.5/10 is a massive score!!

Anyone else think we're not getting the whole story on Richard Christy's departure? I doubt he would leave just because of a possible spot on the Stern show, I'm guessing he had conflicts with Schaffer (the biggest reason why IE has such a high turnover rate?), possibly relating to his non-music interests...

JayKeeley said:
What are you talking about?!

[/size]

8.5/10 is a massive score!!
Yes, my tastes have changed somewhat in 3 years. Heh, I'd completely forgotten I'd even reviewed that album (incidentally from before RC ever existed - that one was written for Amazon when I had heard a grand total of about 5 modern power metal albums). Though don't think I can't appreciate your attempts to publically discredit me! :Smug:

Adjusted for 2004, I'd be pressed to give it a 6/10.

markgugs said:
Though don't think I can't appreciate your attempts to publically discredit me! :Smug:
Yes, because the forum and webzine content is just so representative of who everyone really is in real life. :Spin: