Ichi The Killer

Su Jacko

Jul 12, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
ichi.jpg

Have you seen it, what do you think?

Morpheus said:
no haven't seen it, what's the story with it Su? Any good?
Well, at first I was a wee bit hesitant about it, going by what people had said. It is a very black humoured piece with lots of ultra violence and cgi which is obvious, (the director's intent), since it is a manga.
I would recommend it to anyone, so long as you can get past the tongue slicing! (which turns out to be a really comical scene).

:OMG: :D

its dead good. seen it last year - its so convincing (plot isnt that rich tho), seeing its derived from animation. the other way around it might seem simpler. its amazing how they did the make up fx for that Kakihara guy. Miike Takashi's made so many incredible (gory) films, its like 'honest' in a way to me, that the sadistic stuff becomes just a laugh, it's blunting yer shock level.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296042/

Su Jacko said:
Well, at first I was a wee bit hesitant about it, going by what people had said. It is a very black humoured piece with lots of ultra violence and cgi which is obvious, (the director's intent), since it is a manga.
I would recommend it to anyone, so long as you can get past the tongue slicing! (which turns out to be a really comical scene).

:OMG: :D
Ah, well, i'm not into Manga and that stuff, it's not really my cup of tea. Though i like black homour.