ICS Vortex back in Borknagar

Best. News. Fucking. Possible.

A dream.

Amazing.

I'm still stunned, best news for the whole year, that's for sure! Every singer can sing the songs his voice fits most then, too epic to be true.

Mr V "The Genuine Pulse" vs "Colossus" by Vortex. It CAN'T get any better!

AND: Vortex can handle the norwegian lyrics from the first album!! :D

Since Borknagar is one of the headliners in Inferno, I guess the time on stage will be longer than the rest, right?

I'm sure that the Vortex and Vintersorg will be the lead singers on his own songs, but what about Garm's? Both Andreas and Simen have incredible clean vocals, but their grims are really different, and I must say that Andreas wins on that department, so could Vortex focuses more on the cleans and Andreas on the grims for those songs? The 'live staples' are The Eye of Oden and The Dawn of the End - there'll be a chance for songs like A Tale of Pagan Tongue or Dauden as well?

I'm trying to imagine how will sound Vortex leading Colossus or Ruins of the Future with Andreas and Lars backing him up, or Inherit the Earth' with Vortex and Lars harmonizing with Andras' leads... OMG.

Even if this won't happen, I think that the most perfect live performance on black metal could be true if Garm sings a couple of his songs - at least the cleans - there. The same goes for the Arcturus' show (To see and hear Master of Disguise with both singers on stage will be the most orgasmic thing I can imagine, besides the next Borknagar album and gig).

I also think that the next album should have something like Loci but with the 3 of them, or at least to include some interludes/choruses on that style.

I hope Jens and the rest of the band realizes how fucking speechless their fans are at this legitimately glorious news. I remember when Simen left for Dimmu, immediately shit talking started on the internet and the band released a statement squashing the rumors immediately. There was always hope that the band would soak up talent, rather than have a revolving door of singers. I actually saw Dimmu once in Chicago, in 2001, just to see Vortex play. I hope, in spite of how it ended, that he had a good time overall, and it played a part in his personal and musical development. But welcome home, Simen.

You guys might have the most amazing lineup of any rock band out there. Not just metal band, but rock band. You have great song writers, amazing musicianship in both instrumentation and vocals, and you have a great drummer who eggs you on to be the greatest band you can be (WHO IS AMERICAN! USA represent ahehehehehe).

All our hope is that you guys spend a good, long time together making music. It will be memorable to you guys and all of us. I know bands are like families, and sometimes families fight, so also remember you're all bastards with enormous talent. Save your fury for the touring, and basically Borknagar has the potential to be the best rock band in the world.

Now, Solefald might take exception to that statement, so maybe Cornelius can have a cameo next album, just to balm his giant (and well-loved and appreciated) ego and keep him satisfied, knowing he had a hand in some of the greatest rock ever created! ;)

Even if this won't happen, I think that the most perfect live performance on black metal could be true if Garm sings a couple of his songs - at least the cleans - there. The same goes for the Arcturus' show (To see and hear Master of Disguise with both singers on stage will be the most orgasmic thing I can imagine, besides the next Borknagar album and gig).
I noticed that Simen's myspace and facebook pages had "Inferno Festival with Borknagar and Arcturus" under upcoming shows/events yesterday. But today, just Borknagar. I wonder if that means Arcturus will be performing without him? Or not at all. Or maybe they're just not ready to confirm anything.

What I REALLY hope is TO HEAR THE 3 OF THEM singing. I'm speaking by myself but I guess most of Borknagar fans think the same: LARS IS CRIMINALLY UNDERUSED.
I've been listening to a lot of Solefald lately (on a recommendation from this forum) and I really like Lars' voice as well.

I'm excited about all of this and I'm just a newbie. :) It seems like this has been a long time coming for the long time fans.

The band has 2 vocalist now the band is stronger than ever! Good idea the vocals will have more power, the band has become a powerhouse supergroup now. Very cool, now I'm excited for the next album.

Since Borknagar is one of the headliners in Inferno, I guess the time on stage will be longer than the rest, right?

I'm sure that the Vortex and Vintersorg will be the lead singers on his own songs, but what about Garm's? Both Andreas and Simen have incredible clean vocals, but their grims are really different, and I must say that Andreas wins on that department, so could Vortex focuses more on the cleans and Andreas on the grims for those songs? The 'live staples' are The Eye of Oden and The Dawn of the End - there'll be a chance for songs like A Tale of Pagan Tongue or Dauden as well?

I'm trying to imagine how will sound Vortex leading Colossus or Ruins of the Future with Andreas and Lars backing him up, or Inherit the Earth' with Vortex and Lars harmonizing with Andras' leads... OMG.

I also think that the next album should have something like Loci but with the 3 of them, or at least to include some interludes/choruses on that style.

Yeaaaah!!! It'd be great to have all four singers singing at the same time *wets pants*. I especially agree with the last point mate.

I noticed that Simen's myspace and facebook pages had "Inferno Festival with Borknagar and Arcturus" under upcoming shows/events yesterday. But today, just Borknagar. I wonder if that means Arcturus will be performing without him? Or not at all. Or maybe they're just not ready to confirm anything.

Interesting point, my guess is that he'll leave Arcturus, but that's just that, a guess.

I thought at this point, he IS Arcturus. Maybe it'll be a recording band, but not a touring one? Or limited in its touring, at least.

Far from that, Simen is not Arcturus; he's great, but saying that is way too much. The soul of Arcturus is Sverd, Knut and Jan (Triforce haha?). Might be hard for you to read this, but Vortex is replaceable within Arcturus.

You're right. Nothing's confirmed yet about Arcturus performing with Simen. As soon as it's confirmed by Arcturus or Simen himself the pages will be updated again. I'm sure we will know at some moment of their timeless space...:)

Till then i think that we must all enjoy and stay focused at this Borknagar epic moment! Borknagar are on fire right now!!!:hotjump::kickass:

This is awesome and totally worth my first post on UM! I've been a reader for too long.
Can't wait to see what more is to come from Borknagar from here on.

three gentlemen... :Smug:

Domingo + Carreras + Pavarotti... :devil: :Smokedev: :devil:

Hell, it's none of my business who is in the band and who is not and why...

OK.
+ Garm
V4: Die Wunderwaffe