idols

No, this is not about that overrated TV show!!

Some of you make it very clear to us who their favourite artists are by using banners or other stuff. That's okay. But I would like to ask everyone else as well to name your favourite artists(idols). Please, narrow it down to 10. Here Are mine!

Sun Caged, Enchant, Vanden Plas, Ayreon, Dream Theater, Rush, Saga, Queensrÿche, Pendragon, Spock's Beard,

Hope to see yours soon.

Reactions: Redelijk
1. Iron Maiden
2. Frank Zappa
3. Iron Maiden
4. Frank Zappa
5. Iron Maiden
6. Frank Zappa
7. Iron Maiden
8. Frank Zappa
9. Iron Maiden
10. Frank Zappa

:worship:

Hehe. No seriously... Too many to mention. A top 10 would be different every couple of months.
But these two are always in my top 10 :)

Dennis

I don't like idols :bah:
Favourite artists are fine of course :p

Hm a top ten would be pretty hard indeed but Ayreon, Symphony X, Maiden, Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, Freak Kitchen and Nirvana (yes I know you all hate that, I don't) would be in it, and Sun Caged of course (slijm :p )

Well that almost makes ten right?

Hmmm...

Bands: Dream Theater, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd

People: John Myung, Billy Sheehan, Steve DiGorgio, Steve Harris, Flea

(Just to name those running through my head at the moment.)

Well because it's extrmely expensive to order only a couple of hoodies at a time, we always collect about 15 or 20 orders, and then order them at the factory.
We have about 5 orders right now. Might take another month...
Hope that's not a problem.

Dennis

If we don't have 15 orders within a month, we'll place the orders we have anyway. It'll cost us then, but so be it...

D.

Is it cool to ask this here without emailing: What are the other methods of payment? I quite fancy one of those rather dandy Hoodies.

Hmmm, I'm not sure how to approach the list. I guess my idols are mostly guitarists. People like:

John Petrucci
Micheal Romeo
Brett Garsed
Steve Vai
Tony MacApline

But some other musicians who I really admire are:
Virgil Donati
Mike Portnoy
Chick Corea

The list can go on forever, I suppose.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Is it cool to ask this here without emailing: What are the other methods of payment? I quite fancy one of those rather dandy Hoodies.
If you don't have a creditcard, you can also send us cash.
Please send the appropriate amount of money, in EUROS only, to:

Sun Caged merchandise orders
Prinsenhof 7
2353 SV
Leiderdorp
The Netherlands.

Please also include a note with your name, address and email address.

Dennis

I don't know if I would call any of these my idols, but they are people I admire with every ounce of my soul, and not just because of the incredible music they have created:

Mikael Akerfeldt
Steven Wilson
Robert Fripp
Daniel Gildenlow
Dan Swano
Neil Peart
Bruce Dickinson

I know what you mean. I'd call other musicians "idols" when I was 14 or 15 years old.

Maiden and Zappa are still idols....
But my other favourite musicians, I would call people I deeply admire :)

D.