If Epica can't support SymX, how about Circus Maximus!

I elect for a hand-holding party comprised of Liv Kristine, Francine Boucher, Christina Scabbia, Amy Lee, and (why the fuck not) Tarja Turunen...Simone Simons, of course, would be the guest of honor.
*smirk*
Floor gets the golden ticket out of that little shindig but only because she actually has some balls somewhere...maybe she keeps 'em in her purse or something but they're there.
Honestly, it sucks that she's sick and it sucks that some people will be disappointed, but I look at it like this:
I had to suffer through Leaves' Eyes before I could see Blind Guardian, I had to suffer through Echoes of Eternity before I could see Edguy, and if I don't have to sit through Epica before I can see Symphony X, that is TITS! :lol::kickass:

I elect for a hand-holding party comprised of Liv Kristine, Francine Boucher, Christina Scabbia, Amy Lee, and (why the fuck not) Tarja Turunen...Simone Simons, of course, would be the guest of honor.
*smirk*
Floor gets the golden ticket out of that little shindig but only because she actually has some balls somewhere...maybe she keeps 'em in her purse or something but they're there.
Honestly, it sucks that she's sick and it sucks that some people will be disappointed, but I look at it like this:
I had to suffer through Leaves' Eyes before I could see Blind Guardian, I had to suffer through Echoes of Eternity before I could see Edguy, and if I don't have to sit through Epica before I can see Symphony X, that is TITS! :lol::kickass:

And this is why you're my new best friend :lol::kickass:

Especially here where there are people who have the power and will to put said ideas in motion to try and make them reality.

That's all the thread was suppose to be about. Obviously a certain "Thread"killer wasn't up to speed on Epica news. Obviously if she does have to cancel some shows here, why can't we place a post here in Intromental's backyard asking them to put a tickler in SymX's ear. That's all. It's called business. If you think a door might open, why not place a short call and ask for your band to be considered? If that is speculation, then I best be calling Webster to update the definition.

... why can't we place a post here in Intromental's backyard asking them to put a tickler in SymX's ear.

Honestly, I would prefer if you did not call this "Intromental's backyard". I know Glenn works for me, but that does not make his board my backyard. It's 2 seperate entities, and I prefer to keep it that way, thank you.

Regarding your request, someone already told you that we have no say in who SX books for their tours. The only thing we can do is apply to have our bands on their tours as anyone else, and then pay the big bucks they ask for when ( or if ) they choose one of ours.

Claus
Intromental

Well Claus, i mean no disrespect but even though they are separate entities, there's a bridge. It's not a conflict of interests and is surely benificial to all involved without making them mutually exclusive (which is obvious by the large number of non-intromental bands on progpower's roster). I don't think anyone thinks this is Intromental's board, but seeing as a number of the employees post here, might as well call a spade a spade.

And as far as Intromental not having anything to do with the booking, it doesn't mean people can't show interest. Obviously the ball needs to get started rolling somewhere, and the more people who voice their opinion in favor of this happening there are, the more likely someone somewhere will wake up and either A) make it happen or B) Inform the parties that have the power to make it happen that they might want to consider this course of action.

It absolutely never hurts to bring ideas to the table and get them talked about. Hell, the fans made it known to Schaffer that they wanted to hear Barlow behind the mic, and look what happened? Shitty thing for Tim of course, but the point is that it made the necessary changes happen.

Honestly, I would prefer if you did not call this "Intromental's backyard". I know Glenn works for me, but that does not make his board my backyard. It's 2 seperate entities, and I prefer to keep it that way, thank you.

No problem. No offense meant. Similar to Doomsday's point, most of you post here frequently. So use whatever analogy you would like - corner tavern, neighbor's yard, etc. My only point is I knew my post would be noticed quickly as proven by the replies.

Regarding your request, someone already told you that we have no say in who SX books for their tours. The only thing we can do is apply to have our bands on their tours as anyone else, and then pay the big bucks they ask for when ( or if ) they choose one of ours.

I read the previous post, and I realize you have no control over the SX tour. Perhaps my "tickler in SymX's ear" or "throw your hat in the ring" comments did not get read or maybe they did not make sense. But, I meant exactly what you said - "apply" to have CM on the tour. If they go over well in Europe as a support act and Epica has to cancel, then they seem like a good fit. I would expect visas etc were already in order for the cancelled CM tour in the US, so that is another positive.

So therein lies the question. Would it hurt to "apply"? Would it cost too much? Did you apply? Or is that not ethical until the band has officially cancelled? Only asking questions here. I don't know the protocol and just thought it to be a good idea and good business move before your bands are at the bottom of the list while other managment companies applied first.

Over and out.

So therein lies the question. Would it hurt to "apply"? Would it cost too much? Did you apply? Or is that not ethical until the band has officially cancelled? Only asking questions here. I don't know the protocol and just thought it to be a good idea and good business move before your bands are at the bottom of the list while other managment companies applied first.

Over and out.

I'm curious about this too. If nothing else, it'd be great to educate some of us who aren't as familiar with this portion of the business. I'm sure you guys at Intromental don't want to give exact figures, but any information is always interesting and enlightening. Cheers :kickass:

From Bravewords.com

SYMPHONY X - Santa Ana Show Moved To San Juan Capistrano, EPICA To Perform At London Show And On North American Tour As Planned
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 06:36:31 EST

According to SYMPHONY X, "the London show on March 6th (at the Astoria) will have just EPICA opening, and for those concerned about vocalist Simone Simons' current health problems, we've been assured that she will be fit and ready to perform."

From Bravewords.com

SYMPHONY X - Santa Ana Show Moved To San Juan Capistrano, EPICA To Perform At London Show And On North American Tour As Planned
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 06:36:31 EST

According to SYMPHONY X, "the London show on March 6th (at the Astoria) will have just EPICA opening, and for those concerned about vocalist Simone Simons' current health problems, we've been assured that she will be fit and ready to perform."

"In other news, Symphony X's April 22nd show has been moved from Santa Ana, CA to The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano, CA due to the Galaxy Theatre closing down."

This is very bad news for metal shows in Southern California. :( The Galaxy was a shitty venue, but it was *the* place for metal bands to stop in LA (outside of Hollywood).

"In other news, Symphony X's April 22nd show has been moved from Santa Ana, CA to The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano, CA due to the Galaxy Theatre closing down."

This is very bad news for metal shows in Southern California. :( The Galaxy was a shitty venue, but it was *the* place for metal bands to stop in LA (outside of Hollywood).
Any idea if the Galaxy is closing permanently or if it's a temporary remodel type thing? Considering most tours skip San Diego (although it's been improving lately), the Galaxy has been a good deal more convenient to hit up than having to go up to Hollywood, and Disney's anti-metal stance rules out the HOB Anaheim from picking up the slack and keeping things in OC. Shitty.

I am happy to be reassured by Symphony X that Epica will appear as scheduled, but I really wanna read this coming directly from Epica themselves. No offense to Russell or Michael.