If I were "in charge" of putting the Boxed Set together......

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
First off, I think that every single B-Side needs to be on there. I know some of you will bitch because you're "collectors" like myself, and have scoured the bowels of the earth to find all of the singles - BUT, you're gonna buy the box anyway (if you are already that dedicated) and if the Anthrax Box doesn't have all the B-Sides then what good is it???? We don't want a five disc "best of" do we.
- 2 discs should highlight the "best of" Anthrax's career. To mix it up a little, throw in some remixes or live versions or whatever. And when I say live, I mean go back to the Neil Turbin days for "Fistful" stuff, and mix it up with Bush doing something like "Belly of the Beast." You get the idea.........
-Another 2 discs should be the b-sides and rarities from throughout the bands career. Every cover should be here, and all the other assorted goodies:
*Some more outtakes from Scott, John, and Charlie w/ Beavis and Butt-head!!!
*Somewhere (make it a hidden track and claim it was an accident) have the Mego-KISS dolls commercial that Anthrax did.
*The Puff Daddy cover we never got to hear.

Also, throw in a nice book with the history of the band, and a song by song breakdown. That was one of the nicest additions to KISS' box.

*DVD STUFF. Every video Anthrax has done is available (or was) already on VHS or DVD, so that would be superfluous. But, dig through the vaults, and give us a good Turbin show, a Belladonna show, and a Bush show. Or 3 John Bush shows. Whichever.

Reactions: ThraxDude
I use to love Belladonna (not like Buddy and Spitz mind you) but I like what he did. Now that I read about him not wanting to meet Turrbin plus the whole killer A's tour fiasco, I'm not so shure. 2 Bush Shows and a Turbin show sounds fine to me. THen again why hide the true history over his insecurities.

I'd do 5 CDs, similar to what's already here:

2 Best of CDs, but mixed up, not chronological. Makes for a better mix & flow, IMO.

2 B-Sides & Soundtrack CDs, with all the non-Killer B's leftover B-Sides, like Bud E. Luvbomb & Satan's Lounge Band, Who Put This Together, Poison My Eyes, Snap/I'd Rather Be Sleeping, etc.

1 disc of all the strange demos that have piqued our curiosity.

I'd also put some awesome packaging into it, like the Iron Maiden "Eddie's Archive." That box fucking rules. Also, a well thought out booklet about the history of the 'thrax, similar to the one in Led Zeppelin's first box set, but with some more detail, and more photos. And, if at all possible, a die-cast pewter Not-Man. That would rule all!

A 200 to 300 page biography with a profile depicting every single song ever written with all 4 or 5 band members' perpectives. And also an Anthrax microbrew.

prime666 said:
I use to love Belladonna (not like Buddy and Spitz mind you) but I like what he did. Now that I read about him not wanting to meet Turrbin plus the whole killer A's tour fiasco, I'm not so shure. 2 Bush Shows and a Turbin show sounds fine to me. THen again why hide the true history over his insecurities.

See I said I miss you. You say you loved, and I am the Gay one.. lol... Dan Spitz Roller skates in size 5 would be a cool thing for the box set..

Sgt-D said:
I'd do 5 CDs, similar to what's already here:

2 Best of CDs, but mixed up, not chronological. Makes for a better mix & flow, IMO.

2 B-Sides & Soundtrack CDs, with all the non-Killer B's leftover B-Sides, like Bud E. Luvbomb & Satan's Lounge Band, Who Put This Together, Poison My Eyes, Snap/I'd Rather Be Sleeping, etc.

1 disc of all the strange demos that have piqued our curiosity.

I'd also put some awesome packaging into it, like the Iron Maiden "Eddie's Archive." That box fucking rules. Also, a well thought out booklet about the history of the 'thrax, similar to the one in Led Zeppelin's first box set, but with some more detail, and more photos. And, if at all possible, a die-cast pewter Not-Man. That would rule all!

I think we can pretty much rule out "best-of" stuff for the box. The idea behind it is too put as much cool stuff in it for the least amount of money. They had a greatest hits album just one album ago. If someone is going to buy a box set with b-sides and rarities, they already own every album.

It would be cool to do something like Iced Earth's Days of Purgatory - where they'd re-record some of their '83-'90 classics with John Bush on vocals. Also would be cool, demos with John Bush, outtakes and remixes on 1 CD, and other 3-4 CD's would contain their biggest hits in chronological order.

dutchy said:
pictures and songs from Scott with the House of Pain!!!!!!!!!!Never seen or heard anything about it!!I asked Scott and he said it was true!!!!!

Guess I've seen a picture of Scotty Boy, but it's ages.

I think its got to have at least 1 DVD with at least 1 Bush concert, but it would be nice to have a couple-say one from SOWN tour and one from the current tours. Put the VH1 Behind The Music on it (I've never seen it) and some other backstage/interview footage on it too.

hey if anthrax were as big as metallica....sure as hell they should have all there b sides on there etc and charge 150 bucks for it but its anthrax and they already wanna keep the price down so i want bang for my buck.

The best idea I have read so far is rerecording their classics with bush on vocals and a newer production, This could be a disc if you will, I don't want greatest hits, I want something fresh, and this would be it, Just imigine what John would do to Madhouse, or Among The Living. Their unreleased and obscure B-sides would be great, Good packaging would also be a plus and a history of the band with a song by song over view of the songs the rerecorded, not to in depth, just some memories and thoughts about the songs, and also like IE, I think they should do a covers disc, IE's was great. You, know all this is fine and dandy, but I will buy what they give me. :)

Re-recording Anthrax classics with Bush on vocals, one live DVD with Bush, Behind the music uncut on DVD, a live CD of the last tours, demo,b-sides and rare stuff that never been put out and some backstage footage.... I really like Backstage footage.... This boxset gonna be killer.... And putt on the box a Bello, Ian and Caggiano picks and a pair of Charlie Drumsticks...

Put the Married with Children episode they were in on dvd alonw with any other stuff they have done like the Tonight Show, News Radio Headbangers Ball ETC...

The cover has to be done by Alex Ross

Cincy Vigilante said:
Put the Married with Children episode they were in on dvd alonw with any other stuff they have done like the Tonight Show, News Radio Headbangers Ball ETC...

That would kick ass

...We're not industrial...

I forgot about their Behind the Music. I think I would rather have that as a seperate release because that would either keep the cost of the box set down, or give room for more stuff.

All the B sides. All the cover tunes. Obscure live stuff. Maybe some bonus "just for the Box set" tracks. Some Anthrax covering Armored Saint tunes...

And maybe a packet of real Anthrax, just for fun. Trust me, the Post office will love it!!!!!!!!

Trust me...

vomit said:
All the B sides. All the cover tunes. Obscure live stuff. Maybe some bonus "just for the Box set" tracks. Some Anthrax covering Armored Saint tunes...

And maybe a packet of real Anthrax, just for fun. Trust me, the Post office will love it!!!!!!!!

Trust me...

The FBI is on their way over to your house just for saying that...