Charlie: ''in the process of regrouping with John''

manu_8

what doesn't die hard 4.0
Apr 20, 2008
Madrid, Spain
CHARLIE BENANTE Says ANTHRAX Is 'In The Process Of Regrouping With JOHN BUSH' - Oct. 23, 2009
ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante has told AOL's Noisecreep that the band is "in the process of regrouping with" singer John Bush following the departure of Dan Nelson in late July. "We played two shows with [John] [Sonisphere festival in the U.K. in early August and Loud Park festival in Japan earlier this month], and we are looking forward to proceeding with this lineup."

Regarding why the band doesn't try to reunite with Joey Belladonna, the singer during ANTHRAX's heyday and part of the band'most commercially successful lineup, Benante said, "It's a difficult thing to talk about.

"I watched this movie last night, and it was basically a two-hour documentary, called 'Rock the Bells', about a promoter in California trying to put together a show with the headliner being the WU-TANG CLAN with all nine members, which is unheard of. At the end of the night, the last member showed up and it came together. I watched that, and thought, 'It can happen!' But I've read on message boards and stuff where people think we can't just get it together and do it. Believe me, man, it's harder than you think. I wish it would all come together. But I am happy with John Bush. If we move forward with him, that, to me, would make my life complete. It would be perfect."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129190

more:

Is John Bush going to reclaim his title? It's looking likely. When asked if the band will either re-record or totally scrap 'Worship Music,' Benante said, "We may do a little bit of both."

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/10/23/anthrax-regrouping-with-john-bush/

Awesome. Well, we all know that's what the rest of the band wants (or at least, Scott and Charlie have both said it), I guess it all depends on if John wants to or not.

The fact that after February, John will have played 7 shows with the band, that's definatly a great sign, though.

I don't understand what CB is getting at here.

To me he's hinting "could we get it together with Joey?", well "it could happen". Then he says "But I'm happy with Bush". What is the "but" about FFS??

Sounds very half arsed indeed, why can't my favourite band just get it fucking together??? Do you want Bush, or really want Joey?

Was listening to V8 yesterday, and Anthrax really fucked up over the band membership of Paul Crook as well. I recall several grovelling comments at the time from Scott and Charlie trying to explain it. As someone once commented on this board, Crook was too tall and blonde for Scott!:lol:

I think it's easy for a very quick comment or poor way of saying something..... for something to be misconstued and then written that totally misses the mark.

I am 100% sure that Charlie's biggest want, is for John Bush to be singing for the band. That's the way I read it but can see how it can be seen the other way.

I don't think he meant it as it sounded. The interviewer clearly loves the Joey era and the last thing Charlie wanted to do is say that he didn't WANT it to happen, because that was a big part of their history. But from all I've heard, during the reunion tour, Charlie was telling people he wanted John back the whole time.

Scott tweeted the other night he was writing new material - I posed the question if it was for Worship Music. No response but I assume Worship Music take 2 will come out eventually with Bush on vocals.

To give Charlie the benefit of the doubt, he could just be over-cautious because of all the singer clusterfucks that they've had over the past few years. Shit, I wouldn't be stating things in stone if I were him, either! He probably wants all the "i"s dotted & the "t"s crossed before he makes it official, so they don't piss off the fans even more than they've already done.

I don't understand what CB is getting at here.

To me he's hinting "could we get it together with Joey?", well "it could happen". Then he says "But I'm happy with Bush". What is the "but" about FFS??

Sounds very half arsed indeed, why can't my favourite band just get it fucking together??? Do you want Bush, or really want Joey?

Maybe you were right...