Bush rumored to be done with the band???

they did have an official announcement on anthrax.com for Frank leaving, just for a couple days I think, but it was there. I'm all about the Northwest tour though. or if it's later when I'm driving for Swift trucks, make sure I'm in a city they're performing at.

Here's my opininon on this whole thing: Who the fuck cares? The earth will continue to revolve and we will all go on with our lives just like before. Sure, some of us may be bitter or feel resentment for not being informed earlier but hey, ask yourself how would you have acted if you were in the band's place? I'll continue following Anthrax and I'll support them when they release something or come to play up here but I'm not going to get bent out of shape for this change of singer - it's not like someone died is it now??... There are worse things in life...

I'm with Mental. Life will go on, even if Joey's the singer and they don't sound as good.
And, Reihlthing is correct. There was a statement on the site for less than a week. Brent was going to put it back up, but he's a busy, busy dude.

I don't know what to believe. If they want to do a reunion tour, why now?? Fuck Ozzfest and Sharon, Fuck the 25th anniversary thing, Fuck all that!!! I'm sure the money would be great for them playing Ozzfest, but is it worth it fan-wise?? I know, they need to live, and Ozzfest would make that much easier for them, but then stop the fake bullshit saying that "we're all about the fans", that to me is a joke, because obviously about 90% of us would prefer John up there opposed to Joey. And Spitz??? :loco: I could see doing something like this after the band is completely done and finished, but not now. They made some big strides with shit since WCFYA came out, why fuck that up??? Besides money, what do they really expect to achieve by doing Ozzfest with the original lineup?? Let's say they win over "new" fans on Ozzfest, what happens after it's done?? People who discover them for the first time with Joey on Ozzfest will be like who the fuck is this John guy singing and where's that little goofy eyed watch making guitarist at?? The only thing I like about this is Frankie playing again. I've been a fan of Anthrax since Among The Living came out so I do love the old shit, but in my opinion it just seems like a seriously bad career move to do a reunion now, would I like to see it, eventually, yes, WHEN THE BAND AS WE KNOW IT NOW IS NO MORE. Until then, do the South American tour and get the fuck back in the studio recording a new album, they could be writing tunes and starting to record while still giving John plenty of time to be with his family. Oh well, I guess we won't know shit until they say something, which I hope is soon.

How the fuck is Joey gonna sing What doesnt die? Then again he suprised me last october with how good he sounds. They can't ignore the last thirteen years of great music and not play any of it. That would be a crime.

max said:
if true this is a bad, bad move. it sucks bigtime.
if joey and dan come back i will lose a lot of respect for the band.

i'm fed up of all these rumours, surely the band can hint at what is going on? yet they keep us waiting like fools while posting crap like scott's guitar on ebay on the home page...

are anthraz finished after this?

will people really be interested in hearing and out of tune joey and goateed spitz ??
I Dont believe this ,but Anthrax did so much lineup changes through out the years,if these rumers are true why don't they bring back Neil Turbin too!!! Also why not Danny Lilker??? I don't know guess we will have to wait.

In my mind, what i want to believe is....... John needs time off, desperatley. What if his marriage is at stake? Have you thought of that? Im sure the guy doesnt want to lose what little he has. Im sure they didnt want to pass up the oppertunity, and maybe John said, " dont pass up this oppertunity " " weve been working too hard the last 10 years for nothing " So Anthrax had to come up with something, becase they need this gig, as much as John does.
I mean everything is speculation right now, but do you guys really fucking think Scott and Charlie are that evil, to just fire a guy thats been with them for the last 13 years and thier brilliant new guitar player, for a measly 2 month summer tour of the U.S. You think they are really that selfish and stupid? A 2 month tour? I hope not and Im not saying anyones wrong and im right but...
And if by mere chance John and Rob actually bowed out, and Scott and Charlie are left with nothing but getting back the old lineup as the future of Anthrax. Its going to be really fucking weird.

AlexStomp said:
Get rid of the other Bush instead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It´s time for you to go on a farting spree! :tickled:

Yeah, life will go on even if John And Rob decides to leave or gets the boot. The Joey-fans have complained for 13 years, now it´s the time for Joey and Dan to prove themselves. Although (as you know) I prefer Bush voice and Robs attitude towards the audience (never seen someone who looked so happy and thankful on stage) compared to Joeys singing and Dans bitter rants on TV and the net (he´s a great guitar-player though) it´s not my band and I don´t decide. So, if this reunion thing is ok with Bush and Rob then it´s ok with me. If the rumours are true, at least Frank is back! Not very keen on hearing a new studio-album with Joey though.

Funny to see what happens when us "rational, modern, well-informed people" do when we have no information. We do it the old-fashioned way... we listen to gossip! Human nature! :)

BTW... does this mean Milano will work as a roadie for the Ozzfest tour?

Well I'm glad noone has taken/wasted the time worrying about this!

54 fuckin posts spawned by some stupid rumor. Yesterday, No one was taking it as a real potential threat. Now everyones's "oh no, he's leaving!", "I'll still support Anthrax", "Fuck Anthrax".
It's pathetic.
At least there's some evidence (albeit sketchy) that the Joey thing might be true. But The John leaving thing? NOTHING! Absolutely NOTHING. Yet everyone's getting their dicks in a knot over it!

Bleargh!

mentalmeltdown said:
Here's my opininon on this whole thing: Who the fuck cares? The earth will continue to revolve and we will all go on with our lives just like before. Sure, some of us may be bitter or feel resentment for not being informed earlier but hey, ask yourself how would you have acted if you were in the band's place? I'll continue following Anthrax and I'll support them when they release something or come to play up here but I'm not going to get bent out of shape for this change of singer - it's not like someone died is it now??... There are worse things in life...

Yeah your right but this is Anthrax, this is my fave band and the band ive been listening too since before John Bush became their frontman. If it was any other band i probably would have said the same thing you just did but if all this is true and John Bush is really parting ways i am going to be really devastated about it.