SOWN LINE UP OR WCFYA LINE UP?

Of course. Don't get me wrong, I like Rob's playing, he's just overrated IN MY OPINION.

I agree, id go for the SOWN line up. If you compare the solos on the two album SOWN wins it for me every time. I enjoyed watching rob the 2 times i saw him and he is undoubtedly a great guiatrist but i prefer Dan. I love his style. I dont feel the loyalty towards rob that a lot of the people have. Maybe if Rob had played a few more albums then it might be different. Also with dan being out of music for so long and returning he might be coimng in with some fresh ideas that might spice up the lead section of the thrax attack. I also feel having a guy in a band to play lead guitar on the basis of him being a good producer does not hold up. However once this mess is sorted and it turns out that Rob is back again he will have my full support

Spitz is a better "Lead" guitar play than Rob C. that's common knowledge, if you are a guitar player..Rob never could match Dan's leads on the old songs..
Not a knock on Rob..he has his own style..which is original..and I like his playing as well..Rob is more of a rhythm .harmony guitar type player..where as Dan..is more of A lead..and not as strong in the rhythm dept. Paul Crook...is better than both of them..from the little I've heard..

I agree, id go for the SOWN line up. If you compare the solos on the two album SOWN wins it for me every time. I enjoyed watching rob the 2 times i saw him and he is undoubtedly a great guiatrist but i prefer Dan. I love his style. I dont feel the loyalty towards rob that a lot of the people have. Maybe if Rob had played a few more albums then it might be different. Also with dan being out of music for so long and returning he might be coimng in with some fresh ideas that might spice up the lead section of the thrax attack. I also feel having a guy in a band to play lead guitar on the basis of him being a good producer does not hold up. However once this mess is sorted and it turns out that Rob is back again he will have my full support

i agree man!

spitz is a guitar god!:worship:

I'd take the WCFYA line-up. I personally think Rob's a better guitarist. A lot more energy on stage and he loves to do some improvisations during the solos. He never plays solos the same way twice.

No offense to Dan's playing, but he's never done anything to blow me away. Rob's solo during Safe Home from the Carson Daily Show is absolutely amazing.

Spitz is annoying but his playing is way more powerful. It would be nice to see the SOWN lineup move on (hopefully partially satisfying new school and old school), but I have a feeling they're going to screw Spitz over for no reason.

How? He was part of the Reunion. The reunion is now over. How is he getting screwed? Thats like saying the guy you hired to empty you septic tank got screwed because after the job was done, you no longer wanted him at your house.

I think I prefer the WCFYA line-up.

SOWN isn't bad (heck, neither 'Bush-album' is bad), it just doesn't sound as complete sound-wise compared to WCFYA, probably coz Dan already didn't feel like doing much for the band anymore (he was kicked out /left for a reason after all).

How? He was part of the Reunion. The reunion is now over. How is he getting screwed? Thats like saying the guy you hired to empty you septic tank got screwed because after the job was done, you no longer wanted him at your house.

While I fully understand the point you're making, and agree to a certain degree, Compairing Dan Spitz to a septic tank cleaner seems a little rough to me. Again, I get what you mean, but...

I was just listening to "Stomp 442" and that had some real Heavy tunes on it...def. an uptempo Metal album..and the best IMO w/ John at vocals...
What's interesting is Charlie B. wrote ALL the music on this album...
What has Happened to Scott Ian...over the past decade? the 2nd SOD album..was a dissapointment compared to the first and his guitar tone and Bigger Than The Devil is weak.. did he lose his distortion pedals before recording that album?

Anyway..Charlie wrote all the Music on Stomp 442 , and did a great job...Now however, is a time where Scott needs to step up..and get back to his roots...and ALL need to write together..Not Just Charlie... Anthrax needs a fresh new sound, an album written by one person...has the potential to be boring...it worked in the past..but now... it's to the point where the CONTROL issues are hurting their creativity!

WCFYA is the one. Rob certainly added something to Anthrax, with his playing and production skills, plus he has a bit more stage presence than Dan. But I do like Dan aswell, fuck, I like everyone!!