Bush rumored to be done with the band???

poorchoiceofwords

Packaged Rebel
Jul 21, 2002
a better place
" Exclusive: Anthrax - John Bush Rumored to be Done With the Band After South American Run - Ozzfest Reunion in the Works posted on 02-14-2005 @ 8:41 AM by - siN Rumor has it that ANTHRAX frontman John Bush will be leaving the band after their run of South American dates, which are listed below:

February 25 - São Paulo, Brasil @ Credicard Hall
February 26 - Rio de Janeiro, Brasil @ Claro Hall
February 27 - Vitoria, Brazil Ginasio @ Alvares Cabral
March 1 - Santiago, Chile Estádio @ Victor Jara
March 2 - Lima, Peru
March 4 - San José, Costa Rica @ Planet Mall
March 5 - Monterrey, Mexico Café @ Iguana
March 6 - Chihuahua, Mexico @ Old Town
March 8 - Mexico City, Mexico @ Circo Volador

This would effectively imply that the band's (possible) last U.S. appearance with Bush on the mic will be at the February 23rd Dimebag Darrell Benefit show at the Aragorn Theater in Chicago, Illinois with DISTURBED, DROWNING POOL and SOIL.

On top of the revelation of this rumor, continued talk is leaning towards a solidification of the the "Among the Living" era ANTHRAX regrouping to tour as part of this years OZZFEST 2005 festival. Replacing the departing John Bush, would of course be Joey Belladonna on vocals, rounded out by Dan Spitz and Scott Ian on guitars, Frank Bello on bass, and Charlie Benante on drums:

Joey Belladonna - Vocals
Dan Spitz - Guitars
Scott Ian - Guitars
Frank Bello - Bass
Charlie Benante – Drums

It's just metal gossip news, but it's getting pretty loud out there now. Can the band please issue a freaking statement????

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but this is all probably rooted in the fact that John has a kid now. He probably doesn't want to tour as much(which is Anthrax's life)and it opened that door for them to do the reuinion.

All speculation but it makes complete sense to me now.

DAMN.

I hope this is bullshit, i know the band probably can't say 2 much about the Ozzfest thing but for fucks sake surely they could give us a clue as to whether any of this gossip is remotely true.
NAFFFODESSIPNIKCUFECIN!!! :bah: :bah: :bah:

I doubt this is bullshit, This seems to be a force out (intentional or not) of not only John but of Rob as well. Where do they go after a tour with Dan and Joey? I don't think alot of people want to hear a new album by that line-up. Bad move. Seeming more and more like a quick cash grab.

if true this is a bad, bad move. it sucks bigtime.
if joey and dan come back i will lose a lot of respect for the band.

i'm fed up of all these rumours, surely the band can hint at what is going on? yet they keep us waiting like fools while posting crap like scott's guitar on ebay on the home page...

are anthraz finished after this?

will people really be interested in hearing and out of tune joey and goateed spitz ??

OH FUCKING GREAT!

Not only have we had a month worrying (in my case anyway, I see there are SOME people who dig this whole reunion thing) that the band are going the KISS route of cashing in on former glories, now we can worry about whether Bush is leaving!
Great job!

Personally I think it's bullshit, but it's good to know I can now settle back with that niggling little rumor gnawing at the back of my head!

Any more rumors to add??? I think all we're missing is an S.O.D. reunion rumour to truly stir the "what's the future for Anthrax?" shit!

Lordy, lord!

Stupid stupid stupid.......The silence about all this crappola from the Anthrax camp pretty much confirms this. Well I am glad that I got the chance to see Thrax once with their one good singer(John Bush). There is no way that they will gain any popularity(well other than the tr00 fans like A.M.) from this so I don't see the point.

Crabmeat said:
OH FUCKING GREAT!

Not only have we had a month worrying (in my case anyway, I see there are SOME people who dig this whole reunion thing) that the band are going the KISS route of cashing in on former glories, now we can worry about whether Bush is leaving!
Great job!

Personally I think it's bullshit, but it's good to know I can now settle back with that niggling little rumor gnawing at the back of my head!

Any more rumors to add??? I think all we're missing is an S.O.D. reunion rumour to truly stir the "what's the future for Anthrax?" shit!

Lordy, lord!

yeah i think absolutly in the same way

Crabmeat said:
OH FUCKING GREAT!

Great job!

Lordy, lord!

All we're missing now is news of Billy Milano becoming Anthrax's new manager.

I think this is all bullshit but maybe that's just me being optimistic.

If it's true, I guess they're right when they say "all good things come to an end". I'd give a ruenion line up a chance but remain skeptical.

I'm glad Life of Agony got back together. The last of my favourite bands to still have high hopes for. Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer all lost me ages ago and now it seems Anthrax is too if all these rumours are true.

I´m glad too that I saw the band with Bush... if Bush wants to stay with his family then at least pick a new singer that doesn´t suck and a guitarplayer that isn´t bitter like pilsner (or keep Rob).

Hehe, I'm glad noone's taking this seriously! The second someone does, I think they should be banned or at least shot between the eyes!

Can you imagine Mr. Milano doing Safe Home? Dude, I'd pay for it!

Crabmeat said:
Hehe, I'm glad noone's taking this seriously! The second someone does, I think they should be banned or at least shot between the eyes!

Can you imagine Mr. Milano doing Safe Home? Dude, I'd pay for it!

Now that´s scary, I bet someone would go Nathan on him for singing it. :cry: