if ihad a penny for every time i see this:

Malaclypse

Oct 18, 2001
There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

the sheer amount of dispatched emails to the technical staff should be enough to cripple down the server, so dare not to post!

i already copy my messages to the clipboard before submitting them, so if the server goes down again, i don't have to type it twice...

Reactions: coronerox
This almost never happened when they used the old software.

Reactions: coronerox
it's a beta version, and that's how it behaves. wonder why they even came up with the idea to change versions. never change a running system is one golden rule. and the new release didn't change anything as far as i can see, except for the fancy rep thingie which is rather useless.

Sometimes it feels like you are all a bunch of spoiled kids... :p

Have you all a bad day or what? I can understand that you want to express your criticism about how UM behaves lately, but I seriously doubt that whining here will change anything. This version might be a buggy beta, but I'm pretty damn sure it will be fixed after a while - just a little patience and it's back to normal sooner than you will notice.

Me, I have had huge difficulties using UM for the past two years, due to the problems at this end - the connections here at my school (and I won't even mention the modem at my home) are probably the worst of all finnish schools. Being forced to copy every god damn one of those 1000+ posts I have made here to clipboard before posting 'em is nothing new to me. The same applies to all my emails (and if I once a year forget to copy a hundred lines long important study-email, you can be pretty damn sure the server crashes at the very moment I move my mouse-pointer over the "send"-button).

In short: You are all crying for nothing - my problems are so much bigger that I'm the only one allowed to whine about my misery. :D

-Villain

Reactions: Rei Toei
I haven't been on UM much because I can access it maybe once or twice a week for more than 5 minutes. Hopefully this will be out of the vB software soon. I hate switching from a working version to a beta.

@villain: :lol:

@all: oh, come on... what's all this whining about? you're missing mark's point: he's (beta) testing us to see how very tr00 we are!! heh :headbang: :p

@Rei
Sorry to break this to you, but you know the next thing he will do is ask
for more donations.

I have never had problems accessing any site like I do with UM,
therefore the software has nothing to do, they have a shitty server that
is why this site is so slow, instead of concentrating on the fucking
software, not to mention paying for it (there are better and FREE
software out there), what they should do is get a decent server and not
run it off some crummy ADSL connection, as I am sure is being done
now.

Also, move it the FUCK away from UK, the black hole of fast
connections.

@salmy: yep, i know you're right, dear, i was just trying to keep hope alive ;)
i agree with you that the biggest problem is the server, and i'd like better not to start guessing where's the point in keeping the board on that *censored* machine. this is not a fan site, after all... we cannot but cope with business rules and needs :bah:

now, on a lighter note... hold to your seats, because hey, it worked!! :lol:
hey_it_worked.jpg

Villain said:
Sometimes it feels like you are all a bunch of spoiled kids... :p

Have you all a bad day or what? I can understand that you want to express your criticism about how UM behaves lately, but I seriously doubt that whining here will change anything. This version might be a buggy beta, but I'm pretty damn sure it will be fixed after a while - just a little patience and it's back to normal sooner than you will notice.

Me, I have had huge difficulties using UM for the past two years, due to the problems at this end - the connections here at my school (and I won't even mention the modem at my home) are probably the worst of all finnish schools. Being forced to copy every god damn one of those 1000+ posts I have made here to clipboard before posting 'em is nothing new to me. The same applies to all my emails (and if I once a year forget to copy a hundred lines long important study-email, you can be pretty damn sure the server crashes at the very moment I move my mouse-pointer over the "send"-button).

In short: You are all crying for nothing - my problems are so much bigger that I'm the only one allowed to whine about my misery. :D

-Villain

You have 1418 messages in your clipboard before posting that? how do you NOT run out of ram man?
:loco:

@rei: :lol:

well anyway, i think that if this thing doesn't start working properly soon, ppl might start leaving the boat... and sure as hell no ppl will get on the boat as easily..

i'm so happy this thread exists and i'm not the one who started it. :D

i'm sure it's true what villain said, but first you take care of the server issues, then you experiment with new stuff. i think wrong decisions have been taken, and yes, people will start leaving sooner or later. :cry:

rahvin.

Reactions: Siren