If one song summarized your life so far...

replicated

Threadkiller
Nov 1, 2004
Bumfuck, MI 69666
Probably the largest factor that attracts me to Daylight Dies is the lyrical content and the way it is delivered. I can relate so well, and it almost seems that a song could have been written about me. And I was thinking if there was one song in the world that best described my life and how I feel, it would have to be Unending Waves. Every line describes something about my life and the way I feel. Every metaphor hits the spot, every word describes what I feel. That is why Daylight Dies continues to be my favorite band of all time.

Now, if you had a song that summarized your life, what would it be? It doesn't have be by Daylight Dies. :hotjump:

Katatonia | Had To (Leave)
"but I saw you fuck up and I just can't get back
the feeling I had for you"

and uhm... i can't think of a song that can possibly sum up all the hate and anger i've got going on in my life thus far...

When i was in depression... and lost my girlfriend.
It helped me out. ( there was a time in my life i was so fucking down .. for about 1 year... )

6. Futile

Again I opened my day
Again it seems so far
Moving away
Keeping me inside
Trying to tell me
There's nothing left of you
Bury me inside of me
What's left of me
Let me be alone
All alone
Tell me
That there's still something of something
Which isn't here
Never again
Let me be alone
All alone

Actually I think "Dismantling Devotion" from Daylight Dies, "Dear Sun" from October Tide" and "Ode" from Mono would be enough to express who I'm really are. Sorry, but there's no lyrics in those songs...

I think one of my own lyrics I wrote and growled for an interne buddys Doom/Death band sums up my current situation. I'm currently going to school only because I'm close to being done with my education and each day seems like such a waste, as I won't see my musical stuff going anywhere until I'm done. It just seems so far away..

A daylight to fade before my eyes
Pressure has taken hold
Chained unwillingly
Within these hollow walls
I struggle day by day for release

Ambitions form a void within me
More lust for growth than what could be
Facing deep inadecuacy
Growing reluctancy
I crave more than what in life exists

Crescendo of disenchantment
In silent desperation
Border on bereavement
Mourning abscence of achievements

A search for newfound meaning
To seize the doubt I feel
Revive this sleeping mind
With the vigor of introspection

Too many patterns to place
For any perception
Too many ways to wander
For me to remain as one

Running in circles
Searching for a path
Striving for balance
Solemn quest for my potential
The need for rebirth is perennial
To be all I could be

Am I the only person who can't decide on a song?!?!?!?! I don't want to relate my lfe with anybody else's views, triumps, falls, etc. Come to think of it, I use music to separate myself from the reality of everyday. So in a way, I'm glad I can't find one... :loco:

The Final Chapter - Hypocrisy. The abductions, probes, missing time, strange little beings... Hehe, j/k

I don't think there's a song that can summarize my entire life (that would be really weird). But there's a couple of songs that I think summarized some darker days that I've had.

Katatonia - Help Me Disappear
Rapture - Futile

But most of the time, I relate to the music.