If RC was going to organize a festival....7 bands

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
A simple thread for fun.

List your festival roster from 1 through 7 (1 = headliner, 7 = opener).

Active bands only, and attempt to avoid bands with huge commercial success. Try to make the festival as 'consistent' as you can, where most fans would likely enjoy most of the bands. Or not, be as sporadic as you like. :tickled:

:Spin:

The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Hermano
Acid King
Meshuggah
Dillinger Escape Plan
Hammers of Misfortune
Sunn O)))

Not sure how crazy shit like DEP and Meshuggah would fit with the stoner/doom thing happening all day, but maybe Hammers and Slough Feg could bridge the gap. But who cares anyhow! I'm hear to rock out with my cock out, not play some stupid genre name battle! :kickass:

1) Slough Feg (Headlining)
2) Agalloch
3) Orphaned Land
4) Melechesh
5) UnExpect
6) Woods of Ypres
7) Lethal

Headline

Agalloch

Openers

Opeth
Virgin Black
Woods of Ypres
Sun of the Sleepless
Hammers of Misfortune
Sol Invictus
Katatonia

In no particular order to prevent bitching ;)

P.S Am I the only one on this board who doesn't fellate Slough Feg?!?!?

hmmm, off the top of my head:

Neurosis
Isis
Spiritual Beggars
Pelican
Church of Misery
The Black League
Grand Magus

I tried to stay within or around a stoner type sound. These are hardly my favorite bands, but they are the ones that I think I would enjoy a whole lot in a festival setting, especially having Osis/Isis play at night.

My order would be Grand Magus opening (because JB would have to sing again for Spiritual Beggars) and work your way up to Neurosis.

ALCHOHOLIC THRASH METAL ASSAULT FEST!

Overkill
Sodom
kreator
Exodus
destruction
Lethal (woooo represent)
toxic holocaust

Two Night deal

Night of Everlasting Doom
Thorr's Hammer (reunited one-off) (30 min set)
Esoteric (1 hour set)
Sunn O))) (1 hour set)
Headliner: Skepticism (1 hour set or longer)

Heidnische Metall Night
all bands are co-headlining getting 1-1.5 hours or whatever is needed
Agalloch
Primordial
Negura Bunget
Nasheim :)p)

Except for the headliners, I'm going with bands with strong RC connections/support.

Agalloch
Isis
Hammers Of Misfortune
Negura Bunget
Wolverine
Kayo Dot
Reverend Bizarre (gotta have one doom/stoner band)
and perhaps one or two of the Seven Deadly Sins bands (know it's more than seven, but what the fuck?)

Hey I can understand why you'd keep quiet about a 1 star rating, but 5 stars? Own up! :cool:

Some good suggestions so far....I like Demonspell's and IoftheStorm's lists a lot! I think I'll go with:

1. CANDLEMASS (I just think that a good festival should always end with some classic doom from a legendary band like this, especially since their new stuff is still great)
2. PRIMORDIAL (so much great material to choose from, and they can vary from black to pagan to epic)
3. ORPHANED LAND (slap bang in the middle: prog, death, epic, instrumental, perfect)
4. NOVEMBERS DOOM (strong catalog, lots to choose from, heavy and loud)
5. AGALLOCH (self evident, although perhaps they should open...)
6. HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE (following PA with "when the ax is free from hell, a single stroke shall break the spell" - awesome)
7. PAGAN ALTAR (to start the unholy ceremony :heh: !!!)

:kickass:

Ya see, my favorite types of music is atmospheric shit but I dont think it works as well in concert form. I wanna just rock out at a venue. I'll save the Agalloch, Primordial, etc for my own time in the woods or w/e. Just my .02

I came extremely close to listing Primordial though. heh

JayKeeley said:
1. CANDLEMASS (I just think that a good festival should always end with some classic doom from a legendary band like this, especially since their new stuff is still great)
2. PRIMORDIAL (so much great material to choose from, and they can vary from black to pagan to epic)
3. ORPHANED LAND (slap bang in the middle: prog, death, epic, instrumental, perfect)
4. NOVEMBERS DOOM (strong catalog, lots to choose from, heavy and loud)
5. AGALLOCH (self evident, although perhaps they should open...)
6. HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE (following PA with "when the ax is free from hell, a single stroke shall break the spell" - awesome)
7. PAGAN ALTAR (to start the unholy ceremony :heh: !!!)

:kickass:
This is just heaven, but for fuck's shake Pagan Altar are going to open it? (Not to mention that they dont do live shows for now, and for the current future). And what these gay weeping widows called Agalloch have in common with the other bands?

IOfTheStorm said:
This is just heaven, but for fuck's shake Pagan Altar are going to open it? (Not to mention that they dont do live shows for now, and for the current future). And what these gay weeping widows called Agalloch have in common with the other bands?

Oh come on, Novembers Doom and Primordial are weepy too! And they all KICK ASS!!