If RC was going to organize a festival....7 bands

One Inch Man said:
2 weeks after the show out here TWO FUCKING WEEKS is when I finally fell in love with Agalloch. I had owned The Mantle for some time, but it never quite clicked with me until just after I missed the show out here, with fucking Antimatter for fook's sake!

D'oh well!

I think the one I missed was with Novembers Doom! That would have been fun! I think I had a similar situation, except all I had by them back then was "Of Stone, Wind and Pillor", and I liked it, but didn't love it yet.

im sure it rocked, but from that clip it reminded me of Phish and im not joking at all in any way. just the same "ohh yayyy we're gona jam for 23897298347 hours"

of course im probobly very wrong, im just being honest :(

I agree with you, which is why I like it so much. Loose endless jams = WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

More death/black/etc. bands need to incorporate such jam, because hypnotic jams = best things evAr.

EDIT: Oh, I think I understand why some really disliked the Grey EP, they don't like jam stuff. That's pretty queer. :dopey:

I had to wait for 3+ hours outside in Toronto’s freezing winter weather, it was well worth it and probably the best concert I’ve ever been to. Except The Gathering seem like divas and they cut down Agalloch’s set times.

Allure of the Earth said:
I had to wait for 3+ hours outside in Toronto’s freezing winter weather, it was well worth it and probably the best concert I’ve ever been to. Except The Gathering seem like divas and they cut down Agalloch’s set times.

shit, some guy told me about how it got delayed and stuff while we were waiting 1.5 hours outside in the very same freezing cold for Opeth a month later :\

Agalloch's sound was amazing or what? Odal is one of my favorite songs :)
I want to see this band :dopey: The Gathering <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Agalloch

As for the festival :

Isis (2h set)
Agalloch
Tenhi
Orphaned Land
Negura Bunget
Woods of Ypres
Blut Aus Nord (oh wait :p...)

You guys list way too many artsy-fartsy bands that are P.C. to like :p My dream "Royal Carnage" festival would be something like this:

Decapitated
Suffocation
Incantation
Immolation (see a pattern? :p )
Enslaved
Mayhem (playing old stuff almost exclusively)
Borknagar

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Deep Purple (Mk.III reunion)
Helloween
ManOwaR
The Eagles
Bruce Springsteen

Now I think about it, I think I'll keep that as my serious answer! :D but more in the spirit of this thread:

BLAZE
DragonForce
PowerQuest
Intense
Exit To Eternity
Lethal
Genocide :loco:

Dillinger Escape Plan
I don't recall ever liking Dillinger Escape Plan enough to desire a live concert, in fact I quite literally gave away the single album of theirs I once owned.

Either way as long as Judas Priest is the headliner, I'm going to RC Fest.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
Botanist
Madder Mortem
Deafhaven
Slayer (Repentless material only)
Primal Fear
In the Woods... (reunion lineup)
Celtic Frost (playing Cold Lake in its entirety)

Reactions: einride and Doom
Here, I just made sure it will never happen
because prior to your list, it totally would've

---

the klf is actually showing signs of life a.y.p.s. 2021 by releasing their "deleted forever" back catalogue digitally and uploading the videos in HD to youtube etc

praise be