If RC was going to organize a festival....7 bands

Doomcifer said:
Ya see, my favorite types of music is atmospheric shit but I dont think it works as well in concert form. I wanna just rock out at a venue. I'll save the Agalloch, Primordial, etc for my own time in the woods or w/e. Just my .02

I came extremely close to listing Primordial though. heh

I agree, but you listed YOB. :loco:

By the way, Agalloch live are fabulous, believe me. And I bet Primordial would rule live. I think people would be in tears if they did a live rendition of "Coffin Ships". I would probably just sit down and sob and start handing potatoes out to all the Irish drunks.

Ulver was never going to beat Maiden.

"I've never heard Sweaty Negro but I'll vote for it anyway" doesn't count as a vote in my book. Nor do all the other votes by people who'd never heard it, like 90% of you. Nor do all the votes by people who don't like heavy metal. Nor do all the votes by people who didn't vote for Maiden. Nor do all the votes by people who voted for Ulver.

JayKeeley said:
Ulver was never going to beat Maiden.

"I've never heard Sweaty Negro but I'll vote for it anyway" doesn't count as a vote in my book. Nor do all the other votes by people who'd never heard it, like 90% of you. Nor do all the votes by people who don't like heavy metal. Nor do all the votes by people who didn't vote for Maiden. Nor do all the votes by people who voted for Ulver.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

:loco:

JayKeeley said:
By the way, Agalloch live are fabulous, believe me.
That live clip you posted after the show still gets under my skin in the gay way, and I only watched it like 3 times! That is one band I will NOT miss if they come out this way again.

One Inch Man said:
That live clip you posted after the show still gets under my skin in the gay way, and I only watched it like 3 times! That is one band I will NOT miss if they come out this way again.

Where is this clip? I still kick myself for missing them when they played Toronto back whenever it was.

I happen to still have it, and somehow found it very quickly even though it's called FILE0039. :loco:

Look for yousendit.com link RIGHT HERE in about 5 minutes.

Here are some pics from my Agalloch show. I was allowed backstage and up on the photographers ramp inside the venue, hence the close ups. It was also the same night I had a chinwag with JWW and ended up with a bunch of free promos from Joseph at Vendlus which I handed out to people here. Erik ended up with Haughm's guitar pick. :tickled: Haughm still owes me an interview by the way. :D

On with the show:

FILE0002.jpg

FILE0007.jpg

FILE0010.jpg

And a few seconds of footage from my digital camera (not digicam) so take it for what it's worth: http://www.royalcarnage.com/images/agalloch/FILE0039.mpg

Well that's my moment of [/failed commedian] for tonight, thanks. :zombie:

EDIT: A larf! HUZZAH!!!

So anyway, to anyone who had the opportunity to see Agalloch and didn't go....just look at those pictures and pretend, and try to crawl inside the photos and grab Haughm's khrum.

Shit, that clip makes it sound like they completely captured the glory of their studio work! Kinda reminds me of what NAD said about hypnosis being the most powerful feeling music can convey...

2 weeks after the show out here TWO FUCKING WEEKS is when I finally fell in love with Agalloch. I had owned The Mantle for some time, but it never quite clicked with me until just after I missed the show out here, with fucking Antimatter for fook's sake!

D'oh well!

Demilich said:
Shit, that clip makes it sound like they completely captured the glory of their studio work! Kinda reminds me of what NAD said about hypnosis being the most powerful feeling music can convey...
Oh aye, that Agalloch clip really does that too. That's why I love the Grey EP so much, that shit is quite hypnotic

hypnotized by music = orgasm > beer