If the answer is D ...

Andy Laudano

Feb 24, 2005
Ft Worth Texas
.... then the new headliner is a band that has never played Prog Power, never played in the U.S. and is not likely to tour the U.S. anytime soon. Does anybody have ANY ideas who that could possibly be? Who's left, that's a legitimate headliner, that hasn't done any of the above?

I'm going on the assumption that it will be a real headliner meaning ...

1) It should be a band that has multiple albums and plenty of material, or a supergroup type band with a combination of well known members

2) Almost everyone should know who they are and be somewhat familiar with their music whether they're a fan or not.

Anyone have any guesses?

Masterplan fits the above criteria, but I doubt it will be them. I'm drawing a blank trying to come up with anyone else.

Palabra de Dios said:
Two albums does not a headliner make, I'm afraid.:err:

For a brand new band with unknown members, sure. But for a supergroup like Masterplan it could work. Think about it ... you have JORN LANDE one of the best vocallists in the world, who was in ARK, did an amazing album with Russell Allen and has at least 3 solo records to do material from. Then you have former longtime Helloween members Rolland Grappow and Uli Kusch. Just imagine some of the possible cover songs they could do ... Jorn did some awesome Foreigner and Coverdale/Deep Purple stuff on his solo albums and Uli loves to do Rainbow songs. They'd easilly have enough material for a headline set and likely do one of the best ever. The point is moot though, it's not going to be them.

Andy Laudano said:
For a brand new band with unknown members, sure. But for a supergroup like Masterplan it could work. Think about it ... you have JORN LANDE one of the best vocallists in the world, who was in ARK, did an amazing album with Russell Allen and has at least 3 solo records to do material from. Then you have former longtime Helloween members Rolland Grappow and Uli Kusch. Just imagine some of the possible cover songs they could do ... Jorn did some awesome Foreigner and Coverdale/Deep Purple stuff on his solo albums and Uli loves to do Rainbow songs. They'd easilly have enough material for a headline set and likely do one of the best ever. The point is moot though, it's not going to be them.

WOW!! I was closer than I thought!!