If you bought a Jackson

Thanatopsis

Mar 9, 2004
I know this has been talked about a bit

Would you get RR3, RR5, RX10d, or the RR1??

They all seem fairly similar. Which one is the best in your opinion and why?
I would have to rule out the RR5 because it has no Whammy bar slot.
Is there a Randy Rhoads with 24 frets that you can get?

There is a new 24fret rhoads out but its indian made and is pretty piss quality i hav heard, also no floyd.

I, personally would rather have an Rx10D than an RR1 because bolt on doesn't annoy me and as they are made from the same materials, i dont really care.
I'd personally go for BC rich :D

RX10D-best to get, if you wanna modify it(which is why i'm getting one)

RR3-sort of like a RX10D but has different pickups and has a pickguard

RR5-same as RR3 but with little better pickups, but no floyd rose, so it blows, plus its 1k compared to RR3($500), thats like paying $500 for slightly better pickups and no floyd, but it plays nice.

RR1-better than all 3, except you cant change the neck to a 24 fret one

my choice as said earlier would be a RX10D, because you can modify it to be better than any of them and plus its the cheapest, $450 plus mods would come to about $800-900, which is less than an RR5 but way better

AlexiFollower said:

RR5-same as RR3 but with little better pickups, but no floyd rose, so it blows, plus its 1k compared to RR3($500), thats like paying $500 for slightly better pickups and no floyd, but it plays nice.

my choice as said earlier would be a RX10D, because you can modify it to be better than any of them and plus its the cheapest, $450 plus mods would come to about $800-900, which is less than an RR5 but way better

Clear some shit up here.

"RR5-same as RR3 but with little better pickups, but no floyd rose, so it blows, plus its 1k compared to RR3($500), thats like paying $500 for slightly better pickups and no floyd, but it plays nice."

RR5 is neck thru which thus makes it a more expensive guitar to build and thus jacks up the cost.

Yes you can, you simple remove the fingerboard by way of melting the glue and stick a 24fret one of same scale length on.
Eother that or do what thilo is doing and that is get 2 extra fretsd built on.

Pickups are the same on ALL jacksons besides the USA made ones (Well fo rhoads anyway) Duncan designed Detaonators..

The only real difference between RR3 and Rx10D is one has two volumes and a tone control/front loaded+pickguard, one has one volume and is rearloaded.

"RR5 is neck thru which thus makes it a more expensive guitar to build and thus jacks up the cost."

forgot all about that, its been 1 1/2-2 years since i played one

"Pickups are the same on ALL jacksons besides the USA made ones (Well fo rhoads anyway) Duncan designed Detaonators.."

not true, RR3 has detonators, RR5 has JB TB4's, RX10D has HB-103N/B's, and then RR1's have the best out of the 4, with TB4(bridge) and SH2N(neck)

ESP WILL ship that to the US....you just have to find the right dealer over here stateside....try the one out in hollywood or drum city guitarland..they'd be happy to get you one.. the trick is to have the -dealer- get it from japan...not -you- buying one, then having it shipped over here..

AlexiFollower said:

"Pickups are the same on ALL jacksons besides the USA made ones (Well fo rhoads anyway) Duncan designed Detaonators.."

not true, RR3 has detonators, RR5 has JB TB4's, RX10D has HB-103N/B's, and then RR1's have the best out of the 4, with TB4(bridge) and SH2N(neck)

You're right, sorry.

^haha i'm making a custom rhoads also, so me, you, and vex will have one each, he was saying since we'll have all different color bevels[vex(yellow/gold), yours(white) and mine will be green] we could do some kind of G3 thing, since all 3 of us would basically have the same EXACT guitars

Try again dude. All they have to do is label the guitar "custom" before it gets stateside, and then they have no legal recourse *jackson*. And an RR1 fretboard being unglued and refitted? Dude no way. You'd be fucking that guitar up way more than you'd be helping yourself, plus, it isnt the most cost effective thing to do. If you TRULY need a 24 fretter that bad, just hold onto your ass for a little while and save save save. then just order a custom. you'll feel much better about your purchase, trust me. its what i did.

RockBodom said:
And an RR1 fretboard being unglued and refitted? Dude no way. You'd be fucking that guitar up way more than you'd be helping yourself

I didn't say do it, i jsut said its an option, i also kn ow a few people whop have done this properly and had it work out great.

AlexiFollower said:
^haha i'm making a custom rhoads also, so me, you, and vex will have one each, he was saying since we'll have all different color bevels[vex(yellow/gold), yours(white) and mine will be green] we could do some kind of G3 thing, since all 3 of us would basically have the same EXACT guitars

I was gonna do green, but coudln't afford black hardware at the time LOL, so i got my influence off Chris Holmes from WASP and went white, and i'm not looking back, white bevels on a black guiatr highlight the shape SO well its just not funny :D

Man, my rhoads is a bit more modded than just the paintjob though :)

"Man, my rhoads is a bit more modded than just the paintjob though :)"

i know, you got different pickups, emg81 i would think(same as bob's) which i'm gonna get, and a emg pa2, which i think bob have in his, and i'm gonna be getting one also, along with a 24fret neck

nah i don thave a pa2. . .i got the real deal holyfield. . JE-1000 BEATCH!!!!booyah

and i have a J50 BC but its the shitty one. . .so i might just go with a HZ-h4 and a pa2

AlexiFollower said:

you failed to mention the fact that the RR5 is also a neck thru guitar with REAL Seymour duncan pickups, as opposed to the shitty duncan designed that are in the less expensive import jacksons.

Also...the the 24 fret rhoads is a cheap piece of shit... adn teh cable input is on the lower small wing...so you can't play sitting down with out hte cable digging into your inner thigh. annoying.

the RR1T and RR1 are the best by far!

the_drip said:
Also...the the 24 fret rhoads is a cheap piece of shit... adn teh cable input is on the lower small wing...so you can't play sitting down with out hte cable digging into your inner thigh. annoying.
simple solution . .. Right angle Plug. . .:D