If you could record any band...

Jeff, wait till you hear their new album. I haven't heard the final tracks, but I heard a few of the ideas demoed out. Def a change. Take what they were before and like, add a weird almost muse atmosphere. It's very cool and still very "theatric".

Hmmm I'm not sure if I'll dig it that much - the EP was 'Tim Burton' enough for my tastes, any more might ruin it. I just liked that they were basically a more epic Paramore, but we'll see!

i am adding portal to my list
why?
Portal+TheCurator.jpg

this motherfucker right here

Choosing a job purely for money, Axl Pose's next Guns n Roses album; he can rent my studio for the next 16 years to make an album if he wants.
For laziness, Morrissey because he (allegedly) never does more than one or two takes before buggering off home.

Real top 3:

1. Motorhead
2. Emperor
3. Rob Halford but only doing Painkiller album type material

I would want to produce as well though...
1. Demon Hunter
2. Living Sacrifice
3. My Hero is Me (because The Crywolf Broadcast sounds like shit).
4. Every Bridge Burned
5. In Fear and Faith (again, because Voyage sounds like shit).
6. For Today
7. Sleeping Giant

Fuck having half the diva bands you guys listed. Especially Paramore, I bet Haley is a giant cunt diva in a professional setting, and not in a good way. I also have no idea who the hell recorded any of the bands I listed, but some of them have some pretty whack mixes.

Morbid Angel (during the Gateways time)
Cynic
Some all girl band from the girls of the "Boobs" thread-just get them drunk and see what happens-fuck music...

Morbid Angel
High on Fire
Metallica (though I don't know about tracking Lars...)
Slayer

Clutch. I have a feeling the session would be a total blast.

If I'm allowed a fictional wish, I'd kill to work with a super-talented, original musician - who is also a super-cool person and a pleasure to work with - on a vocals/instrument -type of album like the John Mayer and Nerina Pallot stuff, with a budget big enough to get super-cool percussions and super-cool orchestral instruments in there (if needed). Also, the space would sound absolutely fucking awesome, we would only do eight-hour days unless I really feel like working longer (with 45-minute lunch breaks, naturally), I would have super-nice gear at my disposal, I would be at a skill level that would do justice to the unbelievable potential the performers and the environment had and there would be fresh coffee in my mug at all times, with just a drop of cream and two spoons of sugar. Shit, did I get carried away?