If you could record any band...

Feb 8, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
which bands would be your top 3 picks? give a brief explanation of why if you want to.

for me:

1. Iron Maiden
2. Lamb of God
3. Disturbed

i picked these bands because they are all solid players and have their own unique sound, so it's more about bringing out the feeling in their music rather than creating it for them (meaning drum quantization and replacement, and finding a guitar tone other than the guitarist's line 6 spyder, etc.)

story of the year, hands down.

because they are excellent, excellent, excellent songwriters and I feel like I would learn a lot from it.

either that or like chris brown for the money and women. haha.

1. Opeth
2. Stabbing Westward
3. Meshuggah

Opeth because I was a fan for a long long time, and would enjoy the challenge from so much automation and mix riding. Stabbing Westward because they were my fave band in the teen years and I'd love to toy around with giving them a more modern sound (provided they were still together of course). Meshuggah because I don't believe they've had a good sounding record since Chaosphere, and I'd just love to get it all out there and go for ultimate groove and fatness.

Anything with Terry Bozzio. Why?
Terry_Bozzio_1.jpg

Fun! right?

Rihanna LOL
because she doesnt smell as bad as the average metalhead...at least I hope so^^

Mercenary would be in the top 3.....11 Dreams lineup, just because recording those vocals has to be very interesting.

didn't we have this thread like a million times already? lol

anyways

-Nevermore (anyone who doesn't have them in his top3 doesn't know jack about music...period!! :) )
-Overkill (dunno, always like the oldschool stuff...and since Andy grabbed Accept already ;) )
-Metallica (used to be one of my favorite bands as a kid..they had some killer albums...I'd also do it for the fame and money of course, lol...also is it not really a difficult job to do better than fidelman (assuming Lars won't interfere too much ;) ), so I'd come out a hero...bitches and coke!)

I'm with Lasse on Nevermore, they'd be top of my list. Porcupine Tree would be awesome as well, imagine working with Gavin Harrison... I'd also love to do something with The Haunted like Versus where they recorded most of it live. The Haunted has balls, they'd be awesome to work with!

1. SYL (if they were still together) - Mainly to see Devin work his magic!
2. Nevermore - To drool over Loomis' playing and realize I'll never ever reach even 1% of his talent.

But I also agree with Soultrash.......

1) Judas Priest (because someone has to tell them that boring double albums full of atmospheric garbage suck beyond belief)
2) Steel Panther (that would be a million laughs)
3) Kyuss

1. Sabbat
2. Nevermore
3. Fates Warning

1) The guitar player would see that I'm a n00b and take over, but I'd learn stuff...and they would have a new album out.
2) My favorite band, would be killer to watch them work...
3) Another old favorite, bring back John Arch for a few songs and push for a No Exit pt. 2 kind of thing.

-Vader: because I'm a big fan
-Sabbat: would be fun at hell:lol:
-Evanescence: give me producer point with massive sound:lol: