If you could write riffs like (X-Metal) and (Y-Other), who would it be?

GuitarHack

Krank it UP!
Sep 3, 2006
Victoria, Australia
X=Bill Steer!!!!! (on a MASSIVE Carcass kick at the moment due to the new album ((Carcass have always been a favourite since 1989)))

"Real cranium teaser, carved from flesh and bone
- So mystifying"

Y=Silverchair. "Tomorrow" is a great song. "Tuna in the Brine" is BRILLIANT

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

X- Blind Guardian. They create such varied and complex tracks that manage to astound and still be accessible, all the while being ridiculously catchy.

Y- It'd probably be Alex Skolnick Trio, or essentially jazz, but the AST is my favorite. I love the melodies and the way all the musicians interact with each other. I love playing jazz and I'd like to be able to compose songs like some of my favorite standards.

Im a great fan of Nergal´s guitar work (Behemoth) and james malone (arsis) how they can make BR00TAL sound melodic

and i would say I very much like Rammstein´s guitarists...how they can make some "simple" powerful riffs and make great songs

I also would kill for malmsteem´s vibrato and bending technique XD

For me it'd be Textures for metal, not so much for the riffs, although their riffs are incredible, but for the way they can build songs up and make them so interesting, melodically and rhythmically.

And for non-metal it'd have to be Anathema for the way they can take such simple and common chord sequences and structures, yet make it sound like it's something brand new and also make it so touching and emotive.

Then I'd combine the two and make the ultimate atmospheric prog rock/metal project :lol:

probably Dimebag for kicking ass and Matthias Ia Eklundh to make everything sounding cool.

I could play the grooviest metal riffs to an old fucked up printer and improvise jazz leads over
the sound of my own awesomeness!