If you don't understand the terminology, don't fucking use it

Makes no sense.... still though, can you imagine the carnage using a machine gun for sniping purposes?? One of those big fuck off guns like Jesse Ventura had in Predator :lol

official.jpg

If someone refered to an aeroplane as a "flying bus" it doesn't mean he has to use that exact quote, he can read between the lines.
I don't understand where the line between men on a roof with machine guns, turns into snipers........it's just bad journalism.
If you are ignorant of the technical facts, then don't be a smart arse (journalists, not you :D)

can you read between the lines? I myself have no idea what weapons were being used and with what MO.

In a situation like this I think it's better journalism to report what someone present said, however contradictory, instead of guessing what they actually meant. It could of been sniper rifles and the guy heard wrong, or it could be assault rifles from medium range and the guy was a bit confused, or it could actually be machine guns and the word sniper only came through in a bad translation!

I can.

I suppose what really annoys me about the quote is this.

Sniper - the word has been cheapened beyond belief, it's a profession. Someone setting the intonation on their guitar does not make them a luthier.
I find the use of the term in this situation disrespectful.

Also, he is not directly quoting the man, he should filter the info a bit.

ok....so what kind of weapons were actually being used and how?

I suppose what really annoys me about the quote is this.

Sniper - the word has been cheapened beyond belief, it's a profession. Someone setting the intonation on their guitar does not make them a luthier.
I find the use of the term in this situation disrespectful.

I totally agree.

ok....so what kind of weapons were actually being used and how?

noooo, I meant that I could read between the lines....not that I could tell what weapons were used haha

Also, Loren even though snipers don't exclusively use bolt action rifles, I don't think you'd disagree that the majority of them around the world do.......
But I think it's fairly obvious that someone (in this case numerous people) who is clearly visible, indiscriminately shooting into a crowd is more than likely not a sniper

noooo, I meant that I could read between the lines....not that I could tell what weapons were used haha

Also, Loren even though snipers don't exclusively use bolt action rifles, I don't think you'd disagree that the majority of them around the world do.......
But I think it's fairly obvious that someone (in this case numerous people) who is clearly visible, indiscriminately shooting into a crowd is more than likely not a sniper

I also heard that the Libyan air force snipers are carpet bombing

Snipers don't spray, are you crazy? If you're using a machine gun, you have lost your usage of your sniper card.

You are now Duke Nukem.

Ah I get you, it was the honor in the profession that you had a problem with.