If you get your own Gibson signature...

slashvanyoung

Dopefish lives!
Jul 18, 2006
Germany
... it usually means that you made it in R'n'R history. This is not ESP, who'll get you your own signature if you manage to sell 200 CDs worldwide (slightly exaggerated ;) ).

This is the company which made Angus Young wait some 30 odd years to get his personal signature instruments.

So this comes kinda surprising IMHO:

7bfd2ba8-6bf2-4069-8af7-7accfd44ea77.jpg

Buckethead Signature Les Paul

Yeah, I personally like him very much... I remember buying his first few solo records @ Tower Records in London. Quite expensive but so worth it.

I'm just surprised that Gibson gives him a signature at this point, especially since he isn't in GN'R anymore... It's probably down to them restructuring their product line and marketing position. They're obviously trying to cash in on the Guitar Hero crowd.

One of my hobbies outside of music is collecting arcade machines. First thing I thought when I saw those red buttons was "holy shit are those sanwa arcade buttons?" Sure enough, after I did a little research those are red Japanese arcade buttons.

I am a total nerd...sorry

Worst guitarist evar.. i really think so, hiding behind a fuckton of effects is not my thing really.
But i have to admit, i love the idea behind his killswitches, awesome!

Haha, I KNEW you'd be coming in and say that... and I'm still very much disagreeing. ;)

It's interesting to note that this LP is oversized so that it doesn't look ridiculous on tall mofos like Buckethead.

Haha, I KNEW you'd be coming in and say that... and I'm still very much disagreeing. ;)

It's interesting to note that this LP is oversized so that it doesn't look ridiculous on tall mofos like Buckethead.

Yeah, well, the day someone posts something with him that doesnt sound sloppy and out of tune i might change my opinion! :devil: ;)

But god damn i really want a killswitch like that.. il have to put that on my next guitar. ;X

One of my hobbies outside of music is collecting arcade machines. First thing I thought when I saw those red buttons was "holy shit are those sanwa arcade buttons?" Sure enough, after I did a little research those are red Japanese arcade buttons.

I am a total nerd...sorry

got a warehouse to store all those arcade machines? lol
They're huge dude, how many have you got?
By the way those button are average arcade buttons, not specific to japanese stuff ;)

Dude come on ! Buckethead may use A LOT of fx.. but he's not sloppy man..

Post me a clip where he plays great then?
99% of the time he plays REALLY sloppy, but he has a few patterns down.. a FEW, still no dynamics though.

Listen to those sweeps.. gHROEABLREARLABERLOABER! :lol:

.. but i have to admit that most of my "hate" against buckethead is the fucking overhype, i mean, people are honestly comparing him to Petrucci, Vai and Gilbert!? Anyways, his playing isnt the worst ive ever heard, but i really dont like his music or his fanbase.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Notuern: I think your "Buckethead" is my "Alexi Laiho", most criticism stems from huge personal antipathy. Haha...

A serious discussion is hardly possible in that case.

Yeah, well, the day someone posts something with him that doesnt sound sloppy and out of tune i might change my opinion! :devil: ;)

But god damn i really want a killswitch like that.. il have to put that on my next guitar. ;X
Then don't listen to Mattias IA Eklundh, another awesome guitarist you would consider crappy because uses effects (and lots of floyd rose)

@Notuern: I think your "Buckethead" is my "Alexi Laiho", most criticism stems from huge personal antipathy. Haha...

A serious discussion is hardly possible in that case.

Well.. yeah, kinda.
But i still havent heard one single clip where he actually plays anything that makes me think "wow, he got some chops!".
Im one of those guys who will admit when some one is good, no matter what i think about their music or how they are as a person.
I just dont think Buckethead is any good at playing guitar, at all.. il agree that he is innovative, but thats about it.

Then don't listen to Mattias IA Eklundh, another awesome guitarist you would consider crappy because uses effects (and lots of floyd rose)

Ive met Mattias "IA" Eklundh several times.. great guy, awesome guitarist!
I think his tone is shitty, and the songs he writes are most of the times just "Hey, look how crazy i can get!!!!".. but yeah, that guy is fuckin' amazing with a guitar in his hands.. i mean, he started playing lefty because he wanted a challenge! o,0

Oh, and i dont hate Buckethead just because he uses effects, i hate him because he cant play without them.