If you get your own Gibson signature...

@Notuern: Dude i think ur wrong man hahaha.. but hey its your opiniion and i respect it.. But i think he is one hell of a guitar player... he can nail any style of music.. IMHO

Now dont take this as me being sarcastic or some shit, but i honestly want to hear him play some blues or something, never heard anything like that with him. :)

Any recommendations on what stuff to look up?

@Notuern: Dude i think ur wrong man hahaha.. but hey its your opiniion and i respect it.. But i think he is one hell of a guitar player... he can nail any style of music.. IMHO

I absolutely agree.

@Notuern: He also released (semi-)acoustic albums like "Colma" that are very stripped down, then there's his fusion work with Praxis etc. Or his early solo-albums which are more straight-forward rock without much effects. That dude has such an insane body of work.

Edit: AND he played the Power Rangers theme! :D

@Notuern: Well on that blues thingy cant really help u.. But as slashvanyoung said, he has an album called colma wich is totally different from his other cds.. Also he has a lot of songs that are really cool.. Maybe not blues per se.. But damn he can play a lot of styles from metal to fusion, etc etc etc.. Again thats just my opinion..

Eklundh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (x400 to the power of 400) Buckethead

I absolutely agree.

@Notuern: He also released (semi-)acoustic albums like "Colma" that are very stripped down, then there's his fusion work with Praxis etc. Or his early solo-albums which are more straight-forward rock without much effects. That dude has such an insane body of work.

Edit: AND he played the Power Rangers theme! :D

Just checked out Colma on youtube, and it was pretty good!
The songs got a bit boring after a while because there wasnt that much variation though.. would work _GREAT_ in movies.
Whitewash was pretty good, but still felt somewhat like listening to a loop.. guess weed would help listening to that particular album! :lol:

Some of the Praxis stuff was pretty good, not my kind of music though.

So ive checked out some early stuff, Praxis and Colma.. and i have to say he had some chops on the earlier stuff, played pretty clean and had a nice vibrato.. but now days he is the opposite.. he plays faster then he actually can, and his vibrato sounds like an epileptic seizure(Well, his music does over all so.. :devil: ).

So yeah, now il have to admit that he actually has done some pretty kewl stuff.. although i did that before, because he played on the songs in Mortal Kombat(Together with George Clinton.)! ;)

@Notuern: Well on that blues thingy cant really help u.. But as slashvanyoung said, he has an album called colma wich is totally different from his other cds.. Also he has a lot of songs that are really cool.. Maybe not blues per se.. But damn he can play a lot of styles from metal to fusion, etc etc etc.. Again thats just my opinion..

See above.

Eklundh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (x400 to the power of 400) Buckethead

Amen.
Mathias Eklundh, Magnus Olsson and Shawn Lane are on a level of their own.. not that i like their music either, but they are just soooo talented at playing guitar its insane.

IA doesn't use any effects...like at all

He's really anti gear, straight into the amp, not even a boost or anything. Lately hes been using a wah pedal a little bit but no more than that, he hates using effects

Ive met Mattias "IA" Eklundh several times.. great guy, awesome guitarist!
I think his tone is shitty, and the songs he writes are most of the times just "Hey, look how crazy i can get!!!!".. but yeah, that guy is fuckin' amazing with a guitar in his hands.. i mean, he started playing lefty because he wanted a challenge! o,0

seriously? Most freak kitchen songs are straight-ahead pop/rock. Sure some of the solos are intricate, but that's why IA is so amazing.

seriously? Most freak kitchen songs are straight-ahead pop/rock. Sure some of the solos are intricate, but that's why IA is so amazing.

Yeah, now i was talking about his solo stuff.. Freak Kitchen has made a few good songs, a few.
Yes, i dont disagree there, IA sure is innovative and he plays some stuff that literally no other guitarist on this planet can pull of.