If you were to make a devy compilation CD...

Now that I think about it... Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing was probably the first CD I at least NEEDED to buy. The very first one I got was a Century Media Identity compilation I won out of a magazine. Funny thing with it was that I had heard The track "S.Y.L." on the radio before and never really thought anything of it. Yet, I sat down with the sampler and just would not rest until I owned the CD. Odd in a way

In australia, we have a national alternative radio station called triple j that plays alternative music, and some metal. I used to LOVE the channel.. But I got sick of it after a while.

I think it's the only channel of it's type in the world. It is government owned, and part of the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

My only gripe with the channel is though it plays lots of great alternative, rock, metal and electronica, they play too much punk.

But the announcers constantly diss pop culture, etc...

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
I discovered Opeth, Emperor, Enslaved, Devin, Meshuggah, Soilwork from listening to this radio station...

I discovered My Dying Bride et al from Triple J back when you were sucking on your mummy's teety!

But seriously, Triple J is a great radio station, and I don't know why you think it disregards pop culture? It doesn't follow the mainstream or anything like certain stations do, and it always maintains a clear headed and sensible political outlook. And it's left wing enough to shove it up the conservatives...

What's more, it was fantastic growing up as a teenager and having Triple J. It basically taught me that current affairs and politics are worth taking seriously.

What I had as a teen was college radio. The problem there was of course figuring out what was on then. I always enjoyed the metal show but that DJ really did beat a song to death. the most varied from his norm set he did in three years was the result of his being lazy and playing an entire compilation CD. Other than that... I let years pass priorto listening again and came back in the middle of a bath of what he played when I stopped listening