if you're into metal R you supposed to go out w/ a bang or just sort of wither away?

oh hell yea. i am like a 15 year old forever. i can't even help it. when i try to act grown up it looks like a parody.

oh no nix you're totally not like one. i know *of* guys like that but i certainly dont hang out with/call/email any of them you are not one of THOSE guys.

I gave away my WASP "F**K LIKE A BEAST" t-shirt to Stephen Grishnacht because he'll actually wear it. I'm thinking of doing the same with my Rotting Christ t. It never really fit all that well anyways.

sadly, I gave away all of my cooler shirts like Death Angel and Anthrax a couple years ago. I'm on the fence about my Manowar shirts, but Rotting Christ is free for the taking (Triarchy of the Lost Lovers, in case you care).

man, some friends of mine would've loved that Triarchy shirt in the day. now, not so sure. same guys who, sitting up in the stands at Milwaukee Metalfest, totally spotted them from far across the gymnatorium and said "Hey! That's Rotting Christ!" and went to shake them down in praise. how they remembered which long hairs look like which i could never understand.

the gorgasm one is on the fence since they were local friends and it's more of a remembrance one- but the wife says "ICK- Gorgasm?" actually, i think most metal shirts i have are from bands i knew except a Nile Ramses Bringer of War one and a Repulsion one, which i'm keeping. & a Witchery one from when they came here in 99 with Emperor/Borknagar/Peccatum.

it was free- i ordered some Nile stuff (the shirt, some Ramses cds) from Visceral right after Relapse released Catacombs and they short-changed my order so i complained and they threw it in for free when they sent the rest. it has a red Repulsion logo with a purple sort of mass of brain-looking stuff on the front and a blue zombie guy's head on the back with the pain-death-gore-the whole nine yards in a circle. different from what relapse has right now, but similar. sorry, it's actually one of the only real metal shirts i have!

chupe666 said:
& a Witchery one from when they came here in 99 with Emperor/Borknagar/Peccatum.

That was a good show, even though we had Emperor Samoth-less.

I still wear my Sepultura shirt on a regular basis. I was never a big fan of band shirts in the first place so I don't know about any of that. I second the no leather pants clause though.

I don't know, I have no problem displaying my metal roots to everybody and fortunatly there are quite a few of people with similar backgrounds in the more "hip" circles and shows that I go to fortunatly. Case in point: Tuesday I went to a show which included a bluesy-indie-rock opener, a crap stoner rock second band and a indie-doo wop band as headliner. I left after a song of the stoner crap to get a beer at the metal night of a bar near-by, rocked out, talked to the DJ some (this guy knew his shit, he had Nazareth, Sunn, Neurosis, Boris, Esoteric and a bunch of 7 inchers that I didn'teven know existed) and then came back later for the headliner.

I just do what feels right and go from there.

i end up shaking my head more often than not at shows. like the local band i saw with a tough guy bassist/vocalist with a StL Cards cap & baggy jeans- their guitarist wore a way-too-new slayer shirt, tidy boots, metal studded belt, way short hair- very much a 'Hey! I'm TooMetuhl4U and I Shop at Hot Topic' look that was really labored.
what's the point, really?