IK MULTIMEDIA AMPEG SVX !?

FIXXXER

¯\(°_o)/¯
Feb 18, 2008
Germany
i usually record my bass guitar using the hi-z input on my great river preamp, then i process it like it's shown in this, surely well known video...

i got some money left this month so i am thinking
about buying the SVX plugin.

i couldn't find any useful audio/video demos on the net,
so is anybody here using this plugin?

cheers
S.

EDIT: i tried to download the demo and try it personally but for some reason i always get directed to the AmpliTube 3 FREE download...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, it's great to use for bass lows, but for the distorted highs you might wanna use something else like Ola does in that vid

I think the reason it redirects you to the amplitube 3.5 free version is because now everything gets handled through the custom shop. All the stuff in the SVX collection you can download trials of in the custom shop so you could download the custom shop for free and then do the 2 day trials of any of the gear from the SVX collection you want to and try before you buy 'em. (Though it's cheaper to get the package than buy all the stuff individually in the custom shop)

I just discovered a great was for processing bass using SVX. I found that a compressor into Tube Screamer Secret (TSS) for distortion works really well, then going into TsE BOD for coloration then SVX for amp/cabinet simulation.

Its a real cool effect in the end, it sounds like the high frequencies are distorted while the lower frequencies are clean and compressed, so the low end isn't a muddy mess but the bass tone will blend better with guitars and have a more aggressive sound.

I wouldn't use SVX as the only source for bass tone, its too soft and lacks punch and that in your face-ness that you expect in bass tones, so you need to get some form of distortion to get you there.

SVX is great.

and if you get it in the next week or so you get 2 more plugs free. Amplitube metal is also a useful plugin to have..

:)

I dare you guys to try a rat into a sansamp in podfarm, it's my go to trick lately

All the cab simulations seem to muddy up the tone, so I don't like them.

I wouldn't use SVX as the only source for bass tone, its too soft and lacks punch and that in your face-ness that you expect in bass tones, so you need to get some form of distortion to get you there.

My thoughts exactly. It's too tame.

I dare you guys to try a rat into a sansamp in podfarm, it's my go to trick lately

All the cab simulations seem to muddy up the tone, so I don't like them.
I'll give this a go. Used the RAT on it's own a couple of times and really liked it. What kinda setting are you using for that?

EDIT: i tried to download the demo and try it personally but for some reason i always get directed to the AmpliTube 3 FREE download...

IIRC: One of the bass heads as well as a bass cab is inside amplitube 3 free. +you can buy models ala cart and run them inside ampltibe 3 free. The Ampeg SVX classic head and the 8X10 cab with the condenser (don't remember the name of said condenser model) is SECKS.

It would be A LOT cheaper to buy it that way if your not interested in all the amps from that library.

However, I don't really use it anymore. I run a BBE Bmax preamp and like it a quit a bit more.

thanks guys!

i will check out the amplitude 3 thing and also the BBE hardware preamp.
this thing looks very interesting and has a very tempting price :D

cheers
S.