IK Multimedia Group Buy (6 plugs for the price of 1)

Just bought in on this as well:

Vintage Program EQ 1A
Vintage Compressor Model 670
Opto Compressor
Classic Compressor
Classic Multiband Limiter
Classik Studio Reverb

I was tempted by the Clipper, but I already have the Stillwell Event Horizon clipper...and I don't even use that one anymore since I bought the Crane Song HEDD for the mastering chain. Metering looked sorta cool but my Waves meters are just fine.

So - this is a pretty nice deal - especially through esoundz.com (no - I do not work for them), but they have sweetened the deal and I also found another great deal along with the group buy.

Follow me here:

It's now 6 plugs for the price of 1 or $99.00

Well - esounz.com added their own incentive to buy into the group buy through their site by adding level incentives in the form of loop packs called R.A.W. Deluxe Drum Grooves, Deluxe Bass Lines and Deluxe Guitar Riffs (it has reached the point that you now get all three), they also added a coupon code for $25.00 that has to be used before Aug 31, 2009.

Well, someone told me that they also sell the T-RackS 3 Shell as a separate component for $90.00 as a download.

Description:

The T-RackS shell functions both as a plug-in and standalone so you can chain your T-RackS Singles plug-in on its 12 serial/parallel slots, take advantage of saving/recalling complex presets with one click and use it as a dedicated mastering environment with the integrated file player in standalone mode.

And the kicker - it includes two extra plug-ins: the T-RackS classic EQ and the Metering Suite with the Shell.

So - in essence, for $164.00 I will get:

• 7 of the plugins (the five I choose and the two that come with the shell (metering and classic Eq)
  • the Shell
  • the Classic Reverb plugin (so really 8 plugins)
  • the 3 Loop packs

$99.00 (Group Buy)
$90.00 (Shell)
$164.00

Long story short - a good deal I think.

Can someone do a shootout with some of these compressors? I'd like to get this but I think its more just 'get some decent plugins for cheap' than me actually needing them.

Shootout vs. some other good compressors (if you have voxengo marquis please include that, its my favourite one) would be much appreciated.

Can someone do a shootout with some of these compressors? I'd like to get this but I think its more just 'get some decent plugins for cheap' than me actually needing them.

Shootout vs. some other good compressors (if you have voxengo marquis please include that, its my favourite one) would be much appreciated.

Download the demo, compare it to what you've got. If you like em, buy em. If you don't then dont.

Simples :)