Il Postino ... (and this time, more replies godammit!!)

anyone ever seen this movie? If you haven't I urge you to go get it asap.

Poet: "Tell me something about your country, anything, tell me about the wonders of your country."
Postman: "Bonjorno,... eh, Beatrice Russo"

I won't tell more, only that you MUST see it. I actually found myself there with tears in my eyes; damn I'm too soft, and not even a kind princess to kiss them away..

Yeah I have seen that movie.
It's quite good.
The poet is Pablo Neruda by the way,he was a chilean poet and died in 1973 I think.

bleah
i read the book it wasbased on andthe author gives awayhis "formula" at the start: sex and poetry, and since he cant write his own poetry he "borrows" it from neruda. the good parts ofthe book are neruda'spoems, so why not just read neruda instead?

... ok sorry im ina bad mood :bah:

well sorry to contradict you violet but the movie is quite good so you better go see it cause that's what he talks about not the book.

i saw it years ago and loved it but couldn't get my hands on the dvd till last year when my mum gave it to me as a bday gift. i'm a hopeless sucker for charming love stories so needless to say, it won me over. and as usual, i turned on the waterworks :p

oh, and didn't the actor die right after filming the movie or something? :(

thats ok manuel, but i already saw it and didnt like it
it was ok but nothing to get excited about imo

I think the movie is quite good.It's cheesy and all sappy but it's way better than any other romantic movie around