I'm after a deep, woody hard rock kick

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
I can't quite put my finger on it really, I just know I'm tired of using the same stuff. I find it difficult when doing non metal stuff, finding a kick that's sonically pleasing and fits a mix. Everything is either super clicky, dialled in for fast metal, or plastic-sounding, or just generally dull.

Any packs out there you could recommend? I currently have Sd1, Sd2, Metal Foundry, Metal Machine, SSD and LSD. Would love to try something new. Cheers

In your thread title, replace the first "k" in kick with a "d" and this becomes a really awkward post.

In your thread title, replace the first "k" in kick with a "d" and this becomes a really awkward post.

Hahaha i was thinking the exact same thing :lol:

Isn't the new Blackbird expansion for SSD right up your alley? Things I've heard sound pretty awesome and very good for non-metal situations.

Also Joe Baressi Evil Drums come to mind, still want to lay my hands on that one some day

Very glad someone made a dick joke on the title.

Drew: The oblivion work you did is a top sounding kit. It's enough to get me downloading the BFD3 demo - any plans for future expansions in the same theme? Something like a 10000 days inspired kit, for example?

What style are you looking for? I have a bunch of random rock kicks. They're mostly hard hits but who cares

Drew: The oblivion work you did is a top sounding kit. It's enough to get me downloading the BFD3 demo - any plans for future expansions in the same theme? Something like a 10000 days inspired kit, for example?

I'd *LOVE* to do a 10,000 Days inspired kit. Danny Carey is my favourite drummer, next to Brann Dailor, and Thomas Pridgen. We do have more plans for future expansions, so I'll keep it in mind.