I'm an IDIOT (Sansamp related)

hence the name of that sim... :)

noamp.jpg

had french too, so i was aware, but had a similar experience with the "crossing jordan" tv series, lately. :Spin:

Sansamp = Processeur d'effet à commutation pédestre ne nécessitant pas d'amplificateur pour modifier un son de guitare.

Yeah, I'm french :D (and don't care about my translation of Sansamp, it's total frenchness :loco:)

Elaborate please?

In post 9-11 America there was the running joke that we were changing all references to "foreign" food items to more patriotic ones. "French Fries" (or chips for you English blokes) and "French Toast" had their loyalty questioned and subsequently changed to "freedom fries." Similar events happened in World War I with the alteration of Sauerkraut to "liberty cabbage" and will probably occur again with all the jingoist sentiment fueling conservative American politics.

So yes, as the loyal American netizen that I am, I cannot stand while the French once again force feed us reminders of the Gaulish etymological roots of the slop known as "American English."

My SansAmp will be "sans" any foreign taint and will be re-christened FREEDOM AMP...with some white-out and puffy paint.