Cubase Midi Help Needed!

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
Hi Guys!

I am having trouble with remote controlling an external device via midi in Cubase SX3.

This is the situation: I am trying to do program changes on my Tech21 Sansamp PSA-1 so that during the gig Cubase will change the distortion. We are using a laptop computer live for loops, samples & synths. I am currently using an M-Audio 2x2 midi-interface with my computer and an M-Audio 1010 FW card on the laptop.

What I did so far:
I created a midi device in Cubase (called "Tech21 SansAmp") and inserted all the patchnames according to the programs in the SansAmp.

I let the midi device send on midichannel 1 and made the SansAmp receive on midichannel 1, too.

I then made a midi-track called "DistControl" and routed its "out" to "Tech21 SansAmp".

Then I added program change events in the List Editor for the "DistControl"-miditrack and entered 5 in the Data1 fiel for the first pgchange event and 6 for the 2nd event.

Now when I play the track, nothing happens. In the track inspector of the "DistControl" miditrack I now see:

in: all midi inputs
out: Tech21 SansAmp
chn: 1
bnk: 0 (changing this to 1 or any other number doesnt help)
prg: 1
map: No Drum Map.

The problem:
No program changes are happening in the SansAmp. Also, no program changes are happening in the track inspector of the "DistControl" miditrack. Therefore I am stuck, not knowing what to do.

A friend said I should check if the program changes get filtered but I don't know where to check that. He surely didn't mean the filters in the List Editor that are used to make some events invisible (if he did: those are all switched off anyway).

Do you guys have any advice? I need to get this running by friday for a gig ...

All help is appreciated ... and yes, I connected the SansAmp properly via midicable, haha! :)