I'M BACK!

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Hello all.

I have been home from my long arse backpacking adventure for a while now, but have been putting off visiting MD again because I wanted to catch up on all that I have missed and thought it would take forever. To my disappointment, 4 months only equates to a few pages of threads, most of which I had read most of. One and a half Opeth albums later and I am all up to date! You guys suck lol.

Anyway, I shall add this place back to my regular rotation. Rock on.

P1040032.jpg

P1040027.jpg

I caught Blaze in London and Birmingham, both gigs were fantastic, but the London one was REALLY something special. Very awesome. I still get the feeling that he has been suffering from poor management ever since leaving Maiden, as live, he would sit very well on a smaller stage of one of the many big European festivals, and would turn some heads doing it. Instead, he is playing hard to find biker bars in Birmingham to smaller crowds than I have seen at a local gig in Bendigo. Alas, the man rocks. I can't wait for their new album which is being written/recorded at the moment. If it takes off where the last one left off, it will be sure to rock.

edd2.jpg

edd.jpg

There is a bit of a story behind this. After much googling I was able to track down Marc Fairburn who lives and works in a tattoo shop in Nottingham. Marc is good friends with Harry and has tattooed him heaps, as well as other members of the band on multiple occasions, and Steve's family. I hung out with him for a few hours where he was happy to share some stories and photos with me of him hanging out with Steve. Awesome times, and he did a great job on the pic from a mere silhouette as well!

Damn you, you've been to places I want to go. :(

The photo in those ruins reminded me that I want to go to Tintern Abbey while I'm in the UK.

It also reminds me that I really should start thinking of things I want to do while in London. I've got so much time by myself and haven't even thought about what I want to see during that time.

I went to Tintern Abbey once. Lovely spot.

I've seen a lot of your photos already, Jordan! You've got a heap of good ones. Where's the one that looks like the inside of a church or mosque?

I would like you to know that I am officially jealous, and that I now hate you.....

Ok I am over it, but I am still jealous, one day I shall travel to those distant lands