The Travel Thread

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I'm on another big backpacking adventure at the moment and having a blast. Has anyone here ever been to or know anyone who has been to Iceland? I have just finished a week of touring here and it is easily one of the most beautiful and geologically interesting places I have ever been without a doubt. Certainly wouldn't want to live here, but for a holiday destination it is tops. I don't know anyone who has ever been here before and never hear it talked about, so was just curious!

Nah I've never had the pleasure, but I'd really like to go there. Have you seen penguin on the menu. Are you in Reykjavik?

Yes puffin (a bird kind of cross between a penguin and a duck) is a national icon, and considered a delicacy. Didn't get to try it though. I flew from Reykjavik back to London last night after 8 days driving the country. Amazing place. Would love to go back outside their summer months to see the northern lights.

Ah yeah it'd be the puffin I was thinking of! Haha.

The northern lights would be perhaps the best thing you could see. It'd be a hard experience to top.