The Travel/Voyage Thread

Do you really deserve to be anti-American if your main pastime activity is consuming American pop culture? I have a friend who is like that: talks about how much he hates the US while at the same time loving McDonalds and Iron Man-type movies and such.

In France everyone is like a sex starved maniac and I am fairly certain people just engage in hours-long foreplay to resolve conflicts.

/educated opinion
C'mon that's far from the truth. But I'll tell you something.. it seems easier to get laid here than many other places.

We are happy to ruin things for you guys everywhere. The Canadians I know in Japan are so sick of everyone going OH HARRO AMERICAN I LOVE OBAMA!

haha entanglement. You prove my point.

Me and muh laday make a trip together every summer. This year we're going to Latvia and Estonia and I can't wait. I loved Estonia when I was there last year (worked for a company from Tartu). I have to show muh lady. I love how clean and tidy Estonia is and everything seems to work there unlike in the slavic kingdom of Czech/Slovakia/Poland etc., plus I think it's a good idea to go north during July when the summer heat gets way worse the closer you are to the south. Riga is going to be something new even for me and I've heard good things.

Still this year will probably be way calmer for me compared to the last year when I visited Berlin, Nurnberg, Malta, Bulgaria, and Estonia.

Last edited:
Reactions: rms
My and muh laday make a trip together every summer. This year we're going to Latvia and Estonia and I can't wait. I loved Estonia when I was there last year (worked for a company from Tartu). I have to show muh lady. I love how clean and tidy Estonia is and everything seems to work there unlike in the slavic kingdom of Czech/Slovakia/Poland etc., plus I think it's a good idea to go north during July when the summer heat gets way worse the closer you are to the south. Riga is going to be something new even for me and I've heard good things.

Still this year will probably be way calmer for me compared to the last year when I visited Berlin, Nurnberg, Malta, Bulgaria, and Estonia.

I was pissing in a Finnish bathroom one time, and a drunk Russian in the urinal next to me informed me that "Estonia is shit country. Go to Latvia." So I'll be interested to hear how they compare.

My wife and I are traveling to Japan later this summer. I'm super psyched.

Reactions: Onder and CiG
They're both boring ass Baltic countries that each too much rye and drink and have shitty home liquor. Fun countries though

Following my post in the Books/Reading thread, I'd like to share some of my pictures from Malta, I was there last spring, 2018 that is.

I was visiting the island of Gozo specifically, which is smaller than the main Malta island. We traveled there by boat from the main island at like 1AM so it felt mythical already.

IMG_20180406_002517.jpg

The main thing about Malta is the dry mediterranean climate. What you see often is those Agave inflorescences falling over. Other than that mostly xerophytic shrubs. And in the background, sea.

IMG_20180407_113945.jpg

This is a view from that short stone tower from the previous pictures. There's barely any beaches suitable for going swimming, it's like the island is a rock sitting on the body of water. There's a cliff dividing you and the sea, but that provides for some incredible views. Also, it can get very windy.

IMG_20180407_120309.jpg

There was a small hill that I decided to go up to and there were christian statues on the way. I took drunk selfies with the individual calvary depictions.

IMG_20180414_124832.jpg

I took the following picture because it looks like Jesus is getting nailed in the butt and the soldier is really enjoying it.

IMG_20180414_125848_HDR.jpg

From the hill it's possible to see the Ta Pinu cathedral, probably my favorite building there but there's churches everywhere.

IMG_20180414_130406_HDR.jpg

The last picture is from the boat, when we were leaving Gozo. Shit doesn't change much in Malta, I think this is what the place will look like for decades to come. Even Pynchon has noted that in his novel.

IMG_20180415_124813.jpg