The Dutch Prog Exodus (Cello's travel plan!)

Cello

Promoted to Hannibal
Nov 14, 2007
Bovenkarspel, Netherlands
Alright, here's the basics and I'll message my contact information to anyone that requires it so I'll be reachable on the day itself (ask and you shall receive!).

If you wish to travel with us, please read the post below in it's entirety and let us know you will be traveling with us so we know to wait if you haven't arrived yet at a meeting point! With approximately 6 people travelling from the first three meeting points we should have enough discount/student travel cards to provide anyone with discount travel fares from the stations they leave from. If you need help with the ticket machines, contact your meeting point's coordinator or me! Note that the ticket machines at Amsterdam Central Stations probably do not take Visa, so either buying it at a ticket office or paying your coordinator in cash so he can pay the ticket for you with his debit card might be necessary!

I'm going to try to coordinate everything so everyone who travels with us will end up arriving at the castle around the same time. I will post a number of meeting points, just check for yourself where you will be getting on and go from there! I will also appoint a coordinator per meeting point, whose contact information I already have and can call in case there is a slight change of plans. Be sure to stick with your coordinator and we should all arrive at the castle safely!

Meeting Point 1: Amsterdam Central Station

From Amsterdam Central Station travel will go to Utrecht, where you will change trains in order to catch up with the rest of the group (more on this under Meeting Point 3). Meeting point on Amsterdam Central Station will be on platform 5, on the B side of the platform near the Kiosk stand. Coordinator for this group will be Kees, who will be at Amsterdam Central Station from approximately 10:55am onwards. This group will catch the 11:08am train from platform 5 to Utrecht.

Meeting Point 2: Schiphol International Airport

From Schiphol we will travel to Eindhoven, the groups from Meeting Point 1 and 3 will catch up with us at Utrecht Central Station, where they will get on the train we are on. Meeting point at Schiphol will be whatever gate the Norwegians end up at. Coordinator for this group will be me, Marcel and I will be at Schiphol from 10:12am onward. This group will catch the 11:14am train from platform 1 or 2 to Eindhoven.

Meeting Point 3: Utrecht Central Station

From Utrecht we will travel on to Eindhoven, groups 1, 2 and 3 will merge at this point (hopefully). Meeting point at Utrecht will be track 15, somewhere near the middle. Coordinator for this group will be Justin and Thijs who will be at Utrecht Central Station in time to meet up with the group from meeting point 1.. This group will meet up with the group from meeting point 1 (who arrive at 11:35am at Utrecht) and will then proceed to catch the 11:52am train from platform 15 to Eindhoven.

Meeting Point 4: Eindhoven

At this point the group of people is largely complete and I will post other central locations so other people can either catch up to us, or join with the group. We will arrive at Eindhoven station at 12:43 at track 4a and will proceed to catch the 13:02 train to Venlo

Meeting Point 5: Venlo

We will arrive at Venlo trainstation at 13:43. From there we will take the bus to Kasteel de Berckt. We will take bus 77 at either 13:50 or 14:19 and will arrive at the Castle approximately 25 minutes after that.

I hope I was clear enough with this, but if anyone has any questions or remarks, post them below. If you will want my contact information in order to be able to reach me on October 1st in case you'd like the group to wait for you or if anything else happens email me at Slaman84@gmail.com

- Marcel

11.35 AM at Utrecht...

Ouch... that means about 1 hour of sleep for me that night... Aww hell, glad I'm gonna make it!!

I'm beginning to agree with the guys who started calling Chello the Pater of this Familias! :kickass:

By the way.. Marcel takes collect-calls on +31-6CENSORED :saint:

Tourguide Padre Marcel :hotjump:

So what if the flights are late? :OMG:

Hehe then I'll have a very high phonebill next month, hakan :) No worries, with the people coordinating in my phone, I'm pretty sure we can all hook up at Utrecht with our group. When will you guys be arriving? Will we see you at the castle or at the chinese?

Sounds like a pretty solid plan to me. Al tough we do be dependant of air planes and trains flying and riding on schedule indeed.

Anyway, for the people who don't know. Kees will be me (the Adam guy) and Roadstar (who's message is up here) will be Justin (together with Thijs the Utrecht guys).

Unfortunately it's looking like we will not have enough discount/student cards to offer the people travelling from the Amsterdam meeting point the 40% trainticket discount. We'll see if we can give the people that did not get a discount on friday a discount on the way back on monday!

Unfortunately it's looking like we will not have enough discount/student cards to offer the people travelling from the Amsterdam meeting point the 40% trainticket discount. We'll see if we can give the people that did not get a discount on friday a discount on the way back on monday!

I think me, Kees, Thijs en Marcel can get 8 people on discount... I'll won't be going with you on monday, so that's 6 on the way back!

I think me, Kees, Thijs en Marcel can get 8 people on discount... I'll won't be going with you on monday, so that's 6 on the way back!

Aye, but Kees doesn't have a discount card, and you guys are leaving from Utrecht, so the people traveling from Amsterdam can't travel on discount with you guys.

Cello,
you just opened my eyes and I can see now how easy my trip is.
Atomic and Attila show up, I get into the car, world pulls ahead outside, I get out, world has stopped at the castle. ;)

The things I do for this awesome festival, eh Ray?

Btw, Ray, don't forget my oktoberfest beers! :D

Lady at the counter: "Why don't you just go to the Oktoberfest? You have more ambient there." Me: "I gotta bring this to my friends in the Netherlands." Lady: :yow:

;)

Yo Cello, why don't we take the 12:08 train from Utrecht? It'll be in Eindhoven in time to catch the 13:02 train to Venlo and saves us waiting time in Eindhoven.

Because me and the Norwegians will be in the train you're taking in Utrecht, Lykle :) I went for efficiency and personal comfort for me :D Also, it gives people in Eindhoven some time to catch up with us, and me some time to get some lunch in Eindhoven :)

besides, doesn't make too much difference if we wait 15 minutes in Eindhoven or wait 15 minutes longer in Utrecht. Also, I accounted for delays, because of work on the rails at Utrecht Centraal itself.

So, coming from Almere I can eather travel via Utrecht or Amsterdam. I understand there are too few people with a 40% discount card travelling from Amsterdam, so I will make Amsterdam my starting point - since I have a discount card !!! So I guess I'll be with Kees at platform 5, on the B side of the platform near the Kiosk stand at apx. 10.55....tomorrow!!!

That should be all right.
How do I know we've got everyone (at Amsterdam Central)? Up until now I only know it's Glimmycity, some British people? Marc and me.
Someone please enlighten me! Wouldn't wanna run off leaving people behind, now would we?

Oh and Glimmycity, marvellous. means Marc and I can buy a ticket with discount to at least Utrecht ;)
Btw Marc and I will be early, doing breakfast at the station and Starbucks for waking up.