Need some travel help/discussion

russel

Nov 7, 2004
Sweden, Örebro
come.to
Hoi.

Last year we arrived Eindhoven without Kent who was supposed to have a car booked for us and stood there not knowing what to to.

We took the Taxi 100euro to Baarlo and a late arrival since he was driving against Belgium before we was brutaly awken :loco: and missed the Peking Garde buffé and more than ½ of first band Division By Zero

We went by public back to Eindhoven(airport) and that was pretty smooth

Still we(atleast 4 person) might hire a small car is that complete foolish or???
Car hire is ca 105euro fri(16:00)-mon(14:00) plus petrol i believe.
Via Michelin says:
Costs 6.28 EUR
Time 00h46(which 00h31 on motorways)
Distance 68 km(which 56 km on motorways)
So cost for the car(roundtrip) would be around 120euro i presume.

I had managed to se that the train costs 17.20euro roundtrip(8:60 each way) and takes 41min(Eindhoven - Venlo) per person(almost 70euro for the four of us).
But what's the cost and time for bus?
(Eindhoven airport- Eindhoven railway station) and Venlo - Baarlo(Kasteel DB)

Marcel or anyone else?

And yes, we have a sober driver in Gustav, I believe:worship:notworthy

Actually, if we meet up at Eindhoven trainstation we would be able to take you guys along for a discount, which would only cost you 5,20 for a single, so 10,40 for a roundtrip from Eindhoven to Venlo. The bus would be about 2 euro for a single ticket. So you'd save a lot of money if you would travel along with us. Us students can take up to 4 people along with discount on our student public transportation cards and we travel for free ourselves on weekdays. I think we got at least 3 people along that have such a card, so as long as you can tell us what time we should pick you up at Eindhoven station you could save a bit of money traveling with us, with which you can then go ahead and buy us a few beers :p

Okay, I've done some checking around, and for a one way trip you'll be paying:

Trainticket one-way Eindhoven-Venlo: 8,60
Busfare Venlo-Baarlo De Berckt:1,95

The busfare however is kinda tricky, since the price there is based on what it'll cost if you buy a "strippenkaart". If you buy the fare in the bus itself, you'll probably pay about 4 euro for a single trip.

Need more? Just ask. :)

Reason for asking is that we wanna come on time for the PG dinner meet and first band on stage.

Very kind of ya all:headbang::headbang:

I don't recall the airport busfare(since we didn't pay last year:lol: ) But I can imagine it was about 4-5euro oneway?

Bus line 401 leaves four times per hour to the center of Eindhoven (Central Station), travel time is approximately 20 minutes

based on these facts we probably could get the 17.02 train to Venlo and then go by bus to Kasteel.
In that case we could be at Kasteel checking in round 6pm, and probably at PG round 7pm, a bit late isn't it???

With a car we probably would be at Kasteel at 5pm(depending on the friday traffic...)

So by public we're kinda late but cheaper(all in all 2*4+2*5+2*2=> ca 22-31euro) per person 90-120 for 4.

By car probably on time and a cost at 30uero per person.. :kickass::kickass:

Could we have a vote here?
Thing may change since we might be 2(haven't heard from Kent this year) more persons...

Either way, let us know here if you want to go by public transport, so we can pick you up. Otherwise we'll just see you at the castle and walk to the restaurant together with you lot!

Marcel,
I'll keep in touch one way or another!

Jonathan,
Plane arrival is 15:55.
We could be lucky and be on time to catch the 16.32 train to Venlo but probably not...

As Gustav don't drink the driving seems to be 'no problema', but I know that the traffic on fridays is heavy..
I found out last year there was atleast 2 'easy to find' ways to Baarlo

I will sure lend a hand to the wheel this year. Seems like booking a car will be the best alternative for arriving on time. I will be sober, mostly ;) this year. However I promise to drink a beer or two on saturday just for the companionship of it with you guys :) Will stay sober on Sunday tho :)

it would have been easier flyin to Weeze from Sthlm(VST) with Ryanair, but they don't fly that line on fridays and mondays..
Taxi Weeze airport - Kasteel 45euro oneway(90 roundtrip)

Yeah we really should do that, a small private yet. It could land in the apple fields :)