Guys from the UK, please help us with the Metal Travel Guide!

Neat site Britta

Here are some links to sites which list clubs and events in the UK. Clubs tend to move around a lot, so information gets out of date very quickly unfortunately.

Clubs in Manchester

Retrorocks
Last Saturday of each month at the Retro Bar, Sackville Street, Manchester.

Rock Kitchen
Every fortnight at UMIST (Sackville Street) , Manchester.

UK-wide

Rock Nights

Rabble/
UK rock club guide - but unfortunately a lot of the information is out of date.

Ents24
Very Comprehensive UK gig and club guide.

Rocker Kevs cool rock venues
Great listings site detailing venues and clubs around the UK.

My guide to Metal Record stores in London
My guide to buying Metal in London

Charlie

Don't be silly Britta - its a neat site. In fact I've been intending to develop something very similar myself, but never quite got around to it, so I'm pleased to see the work you've already done.

I travel a lot and its great to have a reference guide like yours.

BTW, I can also supply you with some details for France.

My guide to Metal stores in Paris

The French version of 'Rock Hard' magazine has a section called 'Paradise City' and every two months they print a large article on a town in France - with details of all the stores, clubs, cool places etc. They have already covered, Lille, Lyon and Bordeaux (I think). If you'd like, I could extract the main details from the articles and email them to you.

I also have some addresses for Holland (Eindhoven + Amsterdam) and for Belgium (Brussels)

Charlie

Wot yer complain' 'bout!?!?! Yer got 'Blaze'! AND 'Chas 'n Dave'
:)

Actually to make a confession I've seen 'Chas 'n Dave' :erk: but only 'cos they were on the same Knebworth bill as Led Zep - Fancy waking from a grotty night's sleepin a wet field and finding that coming through the speakers :yuk:

Charlie

@ Ayeka
Thanks! I checked out their website and added the club to my guide. But feel free to tell me more!

@ Charlie
Ah, funny! I´m not the only person who had that idea! :)
And yes, it would be great if you could send me that info from the French "Hard Rock" magazine. But unfortunately I dont speak any French at all... :err:
For your guide to Metal stores I´ll send the link to my partner site which is dealing with Metals record stores all over the world (the link "Record Stores" in the menu at metal-travel-guide.com) so the guy can check it out if something is missing.
And addresses from Holland and Belgium are always welcome, too! :)
Thanks a lot for supporting me!

OK Britta, I'll extract the main details from those articles and email them to you - it might take me a few days though :)

If you have Excel, then I can send you a spreadsheet which contains the names and details of many venues and clubs across the UK (about 600). If you dont have excel, then maybe I can convert the information into a webpage or something you can use.

Charlie