The Travel Thread

No we just started talking about it a couple of days ago so we haven't really made any concrete plans like that, but I presume we'll search for some really cheap spartan place "outside" (I can't fathom the size of this big ass city).

It would be better to stay inside because you won't have to pay for transportation to get back inside of the city. And getting in and out of NYC is a bitch.

On Friday I am going to Lima Perú for the third time. I'm staying there with my uncle for 8 days and my friend who I met the last time I was there is going to introduce me to her hot friend so I'll have a good time.

Well I know I can find 7 night packages including breakfast at a 3 star resort for around 300-350 euro for both (croatia being slightly more expensive), but I'll need to wait and see what comes up at the last minute to be exact. That includes flights from paris. Not usually my thing to go to those over-resort-populated areas and be all touristy like that, but my gf works like a slave and needs a break, and I miss the beach!

So yeah I ended up getting a sweet deal, Tunisia (on the island of Djerba)218 euro per person, 7 nights in a nice beach resort including flights and meals. We also travelled to the mainland for a couple of days and made it to the edge of the Sahara, visited an oasis and some of the old desert troglodyte villages (which if you don't know was where george lucas filmed the scenes of luke skywalker's house on Tatooine in Star Wars).

So, there will be the Juggling equivalent of MDF taking place in Quebec City this January, a 3-day festival, and the UMaine Jugglers' Society and I are renting a van to go to it.

So I'm asking what I should do as a tourist in Quebec City, where to go, eat, drink, and what not.

Been to Australia, England, France, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Canary Islands, Scotland.

I am more than likely going to jack in my job early next year and go travelling again. The plan is to go to Europe for a couple of months, then head to India for six months or so. Spend maybe three or four months volunteering in one spot, then travel around and see the rest of the country. Then come home and figure out what the hell I want to do with my life.

Glad we bumped this thread. I recently managed to impulse-book a flight to Europe, it was a hell of a bargain, less than AU1000 (normally it's at least double that). Flying in to London in May and excited to have a month to go wherever I feel like. Will prob head back to France to catch up with my friends there, definitely Germany, maybe Greece, hopefully some more of eastern Europe. Unfortunately I miss the big metal festivals but will head to Metalfest in Switzerland or Germany to catch, amongst others, Amorphis, Destruction, Wintersun, Amon Amarth, Sodom, Alcest AND HOLY FUCK JUST LOOKED AT WEBSITE AGAIN AND PRIMORDIAL IS CONFIRMED FUCK YES!!

That is going to be pretty goddamn rad and awesome challenge_everything. Really nice combo of bands so far. And Zephyrus I have nothing of value to contribute because I've never been to Canada but that's pretty neat. What's your circus specialty? I imagine you being the fire-poi type.

I want to see Welle:Erdball in Berlin the night before New Years Eve. I'm so excited for my trip, it's really coming up. All hostels, hotels and trains are booked. All I have to do is show up and eat spaetzle.

I've spent a total of less than three weeks there so I don't really know much about the city. If you like museums there are something like 350 in the city, really interesting architecture everywhere, and seriously not kidding the nightlife is another planet entirely. It's very focused on different neighborhood identities so it's nice to just go to one area and get lost in it. Exploring side streets etc will get you far.

Gonna be in Montreal, Canada this weekend, anybody from there?

I've spent a total of less than three weeks there so I don't really know much about the city. If you like museums there are something like 350 in the city, really interesting architecture everywhere, and seriously not kidding the nightlife is another planet entirely. It's very focused on different neighborhood identities so it's nice to just go to one area and get lost in it. Exploring side streets etc will get you far.

Poor straysian.

Trolltunga in Norway. Arent I beautiful?

image.jpg

Reactions: AllShallFall