GMD travel buddy program...?

Just got all my flights booked for Thanksgiving week. I will officially be rocking the southwestern USA. Here's my schedule:

Fri, Nov 19 (evening): arrive in LA; party up w/ unknown et al.
Tue, Nov 23 (morning): leave LA; arrive in Flagstaff AZ; pick up rental car; meet Arizona GMDers?; visit Grand Canyon
Wed, Nov 24 (afternoon): drive to Vegas; hang out with Srontgorrth?
Thu, Nov 25 (morning): leave Vegas for home

For all the folks living in these areas, let me know if any of this fits in with your schedules.

I would hang out with you, seeing as I am in LA atm, but I barely I know you, so awkwardness would ensue. :D

Eh, I'm pretty easy to get to know. Meeting you would only be awkward because you're like 17 or something. If me and some of the other GMD dudes end up going to a show and you're old enough to get in, I can let you know.

Reposting in case anyone who's interested happens to be too ADD to go back a page:

Just got all my flights booked for Thanksgiving week. I will officially be rocking the southwestern USA. Here's my schedule:

Tue, Nov 23 (morning): leave LA; arrive in Flagstaff AZ; pick up rental car; meet Arizona GMDers?; visit Grand Canyon

For all the folks living in these areas, let me know if any of this fits in with your schedules.

Hey Matt, since you logged off before I could respond:

(12:52:45 AM) Skjebnevette: why are you so desparate to meet internet people
(12:53:05 AM) Skjebnevette: and by desparate I mean desperate

I don't think "desperate" is the right word choice. I've always wanted to explore the world and its various and sundry inhabitants, and I finally have the resources to do it now. I think traveling is far more meaningful when it is accompanied by interesting social interactions, and that's why the locations of people I'm interested in hanging out with are a factor in my travel plans. Perhaps this is something that an insular misanthrope like yourself has difficulty understanding.

sounds like a fun trip Grant. it's not that weird to meet internet people. it's like a fresh start, no one knows you, and it's great for networking/getting free couches.

Grant and unknown are two of the only UM posters I wouldn't feel awkward about meeting since we're all the same age and seem kinda similar.

I don't have school on Wednesdays, so we should definitely do something, and adventure the strip etc.

Grant, I'm totally nominating you UM Official in charge of Domestic Affairs.

As soon as you visit someone outside the U.S. we'll promote you to UM Ambassador in charge of Foreign and Domestic affairs.

sounds like a fun trip Grant. it's not that weird to meet internet people. it's like a fresh start, no one knows you, and it's great for networking/getting free couches.

Grant and unknown are two of the only UM posters I wouldn't feel awkward about meeting since we're all the same age and seem kinda similar.

I have a feeling there's nothing I could do that would make you feel awkward. I would dress up in a Pedo-Bear costume and you'd roflcopter

So I just randomly booked a flight to Europe today for May/June next year. One of the most impulsive things I've ever done. Saw an incredibly cheap price and booked it. The 26 hour Perth-London flight was actually cheaper than the 4 hour domestic flight I booked a few weeks ago for Christmas, Perth to Sydney.

Now I'm kinda wishing I put a bit more thought into and gone a few weeks later so I could go to Hellfest.

Hurtful comments are hurtful :(

Grant, I'm totally nominating you UM Official in charge of Domestic Affairs.

As soon as you visit someone outside the U.S. we'll promote you to UM Ambassador in charge of Foreign and Domestic affairs.

What about visiting someone from outside the US, in US?

:err: I've posted many pics. Didn't see you see all the brouhaha in the pics thread? :lol: