GMD Book Club

It is under way. Check the first post. I will add your name.

Alright thanks.

EDIT: Just got it from the library.

Could it be possible to pick a book every 2 weeks instead of a month? Just a suggestion for people that have more free time and finish quick. You wouldn't have to open discussion right away, but just announce a title for someone who wants to move ahead.

Let's see how it goes. You could just read a book of your choosing in-between. Some people just have less time than others. I suppose it could be every two weeks, and people could choose to do the book if they are ready. I haven't even got 1984 yet, but I should have it soon. I am now downloading it from that link so I can start.

Seriously. Curling up with a good book on a coach/bed/chair > sitting in a chair reaing a screen.

You do know that's the second book in the series, right? But I would be totally down with doing Bakker's The Prince of Nothing trilogy; it's one of the best fantasy series I've ever read.
Yeah, it'd be cool to fuck with people like that. I agree so far as well. The enigmatic atmosphere he creates is really great.

Is Alter still banned?

I would be down with a fantasy book, but I would prefer it be the first in a series, if it is part of a larger series.

Alter was banned?

But as far as Bakker goes, his trilogy has a lot to say about religion and philosophy. It's a very good series, and it's extremely realistic. You can see lots of parallels between the holy war in his books and the Crusades of European history.