Dust In The Wind (travel thread)

Hitting up Hawaii on wednesday and still hoping a Europe trip this summer is in my future, but it looks like it shall not

Couchsurfing rules! I met a really cool girl and her friends in Munich, made my trip that much more fun meeting some awesome locals.

I'll be in Jersey City/NYC this weekend.

zabu of nΩd;10270015 said:
kJg1e.jpg

This picture should be in the encyclopedia when you look up the word "hippies".

I don't believe hippies their happiness. Noone can be this sunny and pleasant all the time. Maybe they are like fat people that cry at home. You just don't see it. Also, their idea of fun is having colorful clothes and jumping around and that doesn't seal it for me either.

Also, I met few people that were close to this phenomenon and they don't make good friends. I felt like having my emotions, sense of humor and character sucked from me and it felt like slowly becoming one of them. Whenever I see rasta colors I sense problems.

The fashion style associated with it is often described as "ethno". I have a female friend who is a modern dancer and is somewhat stylish and whenever she sees some girl dressed like that she screams "CUUUUNT" at her and then smiles at me as if she did some sort of classic joke. When she's drunk and hippies pass by I hold her for safety reasons.

So I'm considering going to Europe in August. I'm broke so im thinking the super cheap route - Freighter cruise, hitch hiking, Work for your room etc. As of right now i'm really just talking shit, nothing set in stone but it's something I'm really considering. I have nothing to lose, no career really, no person holding me back. Anyone ever do something like this?

I think i'll be taking a road trip with my brother this month. The route i have in mind for now is Pittsburgh-Chicago-Toronto-NYC-Philly, but i may add on Maine-Boston if people are down to chill again. Probably will take place somewhere in the last 2 weeks of June.

Yeah i think it'll go something like:

1) Philly + NYC for sure
2) Boston + Maine depending on popular support
3) Toronto + Chicago if we feel like it

I'll be back in Bangor starting the 18th of June but the next 7 weeks will be very busy with my summer job and I will only be available on certain weekends. If the logistics line up right, though, we could try the summit of Katahdin again as I was intending for later this summer.

No big trips in the works. Maybe Cape Cod with PP or something, Montreal again to visit Paul French, and I'd like to do a long weekend in London to see friends there after the Olympics chaos blows over.