Dust In The Wind (travel thread)

King Richard

Hello there
Mar 23, 2006
Wouldn't you like to know
I'm actually surprised this topic doesn't have it's own official thread yet.

Anyway, unfortunately I backed out of MDF this year, shit got too expensive for me (I'm bleeding money and don't have a job because of school (yet)). However, I am flying to Austin, Texas on my spring break from school March 12-17. My buddies uncle lives there but is traveling up to Indy to see his kids so we're going to pull the ol' switcheroo and stay at his place and driving his car while he stays at my buddy's and drives his car. So all I'm paying for now is the flight and food, which is kickass. Saved me a lot of money.

Having said that, I need information from anyone who's been to Austin for shit to do. My buddy has been there a couple times but not enough to familiarize himself with the place. And his uncle is nuttier than squirrel turds and I refuse to listen to his advice. Our goal is to try and unique restaurant each day, check out some interesting sites, and something adventurous, but not do touristy shit. So your input is welcome.

Haha I know, I know. Not because he likes Ron so much as his friends advertised it as "barbecues" and when he got there it was a Ron Paul support rally.

I'll be in Austin for SXSW From the 13th-18th! There are some really good metal shows going on too. Lets hang out brah.

Just be prepared for a shitload of traffic just about everywhere, at least in the downtown area.

I'm going to Austin in May. Give me some recommendations when you get back.

Also planning to go to San Francisco in June. I think I can talk a few of my friends into going with me.

I'll be studying abroad at Oxford over the summer and plan to meet up with Grand and maybe Onder at a metalfest. I am going to Hell's Pleasure no matter what, so some of you fucks better meet me there.

I'm planning a trip to Poland, Czech Republic, Austria and Eastern Germany with PP in the winter. Let's see if it really happens.

New England fags, I'm visiting some friends in Boston and possibly Maine for my spring break [last week of March].

Are any of you guys interested in meeting up for a drink or 8 and hearing some fantastically racist jokes from this brown bear?

Going to New york city this weekend to see kenny garret friday and wayne shorter on saturday, any essential places to check out? saturday will be our "free day", so we want to plan it out smartly and not get lost. definitely looking for killer food, music stores, historic places, vintage shops, etc