The depression thread

It's interesting to hear how different people cope with their emotions. Music, especially genres like black metal, can be incredibly therapeutic for some. It's a unique way to process what you're going through.
Listening to music, specifically black/death metal music, helps me deal with the chronic pain and numbness I've been dealing with for almost 10 years now. I'm retired, so when my wife is at the office, I almost always have music on in the background. I also listen with my headphones when I'm at the gym.
If I'm having a really bad night, I have to have the missus grab my headphones so I can put my feet up in my chair and use it to drown out the pain until it's bearable.
Black metal has definitely kept me from killing myself on a couple of occasions.
Depression sucks.

Gonna be the outlier in the thread in saying that I listen to black metal because I relate to the misanthropy, elitism, and arrogance of it all. It improves my already good mood.

When I'm depressed, I don't get out of bed much less listen to music or do anything else for that matter.